Latest on my FEH's

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 09:00 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Latest on my FEH's

I don't get to come around much anymore but had some time and wanted to say hi. I still have both of mine and have no intention of changing that. With the hybrid version of the Escape being discontinued, I look at mine as collectors items of sorts. The C-Max isn't big enough for my needs nor do I see it going some of the places I need to go for work. So, that said, here is what has been going on with my two:

2005: Currently at 91k miles. Lifetime mileage is now over 35 mpg. I put tires on it 11k miles ago. Went with the Bridgestone Ecopia 422. Gas mileage improved a bit with the new tires. Got a nail in one a couple weeks ago and had to replace two (free!). No tread wear measurable at 10k miles on the tires. This car has been nearly problem free. I still have 1.5 years left on the 10yr/150k hybrid warranty and another 1.5 years on the ESP I bought. Drives and performs like new. Looks good as new too. An a/c condenser a few years ago and some front end work is all this car has ever had done.

2006: My problem child. Currently at 76k miles. Wife has been primary driver of this for the last couple years doing mainly local trips to the grocery store and to all her doctor's appointments. Mileage down to 33 mpg lifetime. New tires are on order and I went again with the Ecopias. Got a great deal on them. I just had to have an a/c compressor put in but the ESP that I just extended (again) covered it. I also had to do a speed ring last year and had the front end rebuilt. All warranty work. Still a great car. Under warranty now until 2016 so I may keep it for the duration. Still runs and drives like new.

Both of these cars are still fun to drive and although they don't have all the bells and whistles of the new cars, I don't care. The new Escapes look sharp but the mileage they get is crap. I plan on keeping both of mine until the warranties are up and then sell them for whatever they are worth at that time.

Hope you all are having as much luck with yours as I am with mine.

Ray

Old 07-22-2013, 05:42 AM
Imported from Detroit
Default Re: Latest on my FEH's

Where/how are you doing your ESP extension? Mine expires next year on my '09 gas version. After semi-lurking for years here, can see that the Hybrid is more trouble free.

Last edited by wptski; 07-22-2013 at 05:45 AM.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by wptski
Where/how are you doing your ESP extension?
Didn't know if I'd get spanked if I posted it publicly so check your PM's.

Forgot to mention also that my '06 has original 12v battery in it. I've had to replace it twice in the '05 - once in 2010 and then again last winter but Ford paid for that one since it was less than 3 years old.

Old 07-23-2013, 06:12 AM
Imported from Detroit

Originally Posted by nitramjr

Forgot to mention also that my '06 has original 12v battery in it. I've had to replace it twice in the '05 - once in 2010 and then again last winter but Ford paid for that one since it was less than 3 years old.
Got your PM, thanks! The dealer dropped a new battery in my '09 without telling me during some repeated visits about a ATF leak. Possible transaxle issues would be my main reason for extending the ESP.

Old 07-23-2013, 06:43 AM
Feral Engineer

I don't think that there is an a forum prohibition for posting sources for extended warranties or anything else. Is this a Ford extended warranty or a private company?

Old 07-24-2013, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by nitramjr

I would like to know how you extended your ESP as well. Pleas PM me.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:01 PM

Steve started a thread about this for everyone interested in the warranties....

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...arranty-28995/