Just purchased a ScanGauge. How to use?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 01:50 PM
Green is good :D
Default Just purchased a ScanGauge. How to use?

Hey everyone, Just bought a brand new ScanGauge off of FleaBay for $130 shipped. Is this a good deal? Also, does this just plug directly into the OBD2 port?

I'm not sure if I should have just spent $130 on this, but I did anyways. Is this tool really that useful?

Thanks
Grant

Old 10-29-2009, 03:44 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Just purchased a ScanGauge. How to use?

I assume you have an owners manual that needs to be opened and reviewed. You need to "input" data into the scanguage to read the various "sensors" in your vehicle. You also want to check at the scanguage.com site and check out the X-guages that are of most interest to owners of this vehicle.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:11 PM
Green is good :D

Well, seeing as how I'm an ASE certified tech, I should be able to handle this. I assume it just reads different PIDS off the vehicle?

Old 10-30-2009, 11:02 PM
Enthusiast

Hello to all

The OBD2 connector is supposed to be located within 1 meter of the steering column. It is usually under the dash and just to the right or left of the steering column. Sometimes it will have a cover over its face. Other locations are under the dash on the passenger side under the dash, behind the ash tray and in a rare case, under the ash tray in the back seat armrest. The pictures below show the OBD2 plug in a typical location.

Have a nice day

Old 10-30-2009, 11:08 PM
Enthusiast

Hello to all

The OBD2 connector is supposed to be located within 1 meter of the steering column. It is usually under the dash and just to the right or left of the steering column. Sometimes it will have a cover over its face. Other locations are under the dash on the passenger side under the dash, behind the ash tray and in a rare case, under the ash tray in the back seat armrest. The pictures below show the OBD2 plug in a typical location.

Have a nice day

Old 11-01-2009, 08:53 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GreenMachine06
Hey everyone, Just bought a brand new ScanGauge off of FleaBay for $130 shipped. Is this a good deal? Also, does this just plug directly into the OBD2 port?

I'm not sure if I should have just spent $130 on this, but I did anyways. Is this tool really that useful?

Thanks
Grant
$130 is a decent price.

The connector is under the dash to the left of the steering wheel. You can go to the website to download the latest codes used in programming for the FEH - there is a whole page of them.