IPOD MY RIDE

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 11:04 AM
Enthusiast
Default IPOD MY RIDE

Hello FEH Peeps,

I'm sure someone has probably ask this before but I was unable to find a post specifically dealing with my problem. I am an owner of a new 2007 FEH with the standard 6 CD stereo and when I first looked at the car I was delighted to see it had a dedicated AUX and separate SAT (satellite radio) button on it for hopes that it would possibly have a Auxiliary port in the back so I could attach my ipod like I had done on my previous car. None of the Salesmen at the dealership had a clue about it and since I was getting the car anyway I thought I would just look into it later. After pulling out the stereo to my dismay I saw the only free port was for a Amplifier. In my last car I had to buy a whole new Pioneer stereo in addition to a controller box so that the ipod could interface and be controlled by the stereo. Since my FEH comes with an internal 6 disk changer, which I love, I am looking for an alternative way to utilize it, as opposed to buying a single disk stereo alternative. I've looked online for ipod controller units but none seem to be compatible with the 2007 stereo which I guess changed from to 2006 and 2005. I also went to a local LA Car Stereo chain Al & Ed’s Autosound and they said they had a control unit that was compatible with the 2007 but is $350 installed which is over twice what I paid for my last controller. Anyway if anyone has done this or knows a way to connect to the 2007 stereo that cost a little less I’d appreciate any info regarding how they did it. I am looking for direct interface options as opposed to FM Transmitters which generally work bad in LA due to lack of consistant clear station bands.

Thanks,
Tyson

Last edited by TysonB; 06-15-2006 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:54 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: IPOD MY RIDE

There are the "direct feed" FM transmitters that come with an adapter. You unplug the antenna, plug in the adapter and then plug the antenna into the adapter. One of them I read about actually disconnects the antenna when it senses an input signal.

That might work. Its not idea in that you are limited to FM quality.... but at least it should prevent interference.

Old 07-02-2006, 02:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

Tyson,
Have you looked at the accessories for the 2006 FEH? There is an accessory titled "TripTunes" you would be interested in. It is part number 19C142. The description is as follows: "Take your tunes on the road! Now you can connect most portable audio players (MP3, iPod, iRiver, ScanDisk, etc.) plus portable CD and cassette players, right to your in-dash radio. Just plug your player into the harness - a 3.5 mm stereo connector provides the interface so you can listen to music through the radio's speakers and control the volume. Audio connection is housed securely in your vehicle's glovebox or center console. Base Part No. 19C142."

In the downloadable fordaccessories pdf file, it is on page 6.

Good luck and hope this helps.

Rich

Old 07-04-2006, 04:11 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

1. you won't find the triptunes at your dealer. I asked them to look it up and it is in none of their computers.

2. someone already looked into it and it is not a direct input into the stereo, it is FM modulated and hardwired to the anternna.

Not worth whatever they are charging.

Old 07-05-2006, 05:45 PM
dsd
Enthusiast

The Trip Tunes lists for $50

About what a high end FM Modulator will run

-dsd