iPod line-in kit for FEH?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 05:48 PM
Enthusiast
Default iPod line-in kit for FEH?

Does anyone know of something to allow me to connect my iPod to a line-in connection, so I can control the music from the iPod itself but not have to use an FM transmitter? I've looked everywhere but can't find one.

I have an 05 FEH, no nav system, just the Mach300 CD/radio unit.

[I bought and paid installation for a PIE FRDW/PC-POD before finding out it is not compatible... in any case I'm not a fan of the 'six playlist' control method it uses.]

cheers

Billy.

Old 01-07-2006, 09:32 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: iPod line-in kit for FEH?

I just took delivery of my 2006 FEH, dumping the old minivan, now I am ALL hybrid (prius and FEH)....

To answer your question, I saw a "trip tunes" option in the FEH catalog (freely downloadable from Ford's website). Unfortunately even though a part number was listed, the dealer had ABSOLUTELY no idea what I was talking about.
Theoretically it is supposed to add a glove compartment minijack input to your audio system.

I couldnt wait, so I ordered the PIE X3 brain and harness (I have the Navi radio and cd changer under the seat). It comes with 3 auxillary ports and a cool lighted remote switch. It installed in literally 5 minutes and I have iPod input directly into the headunit via the cd changer harness...No FM modulation stuff.....works very well and I have 2 more inputs for XM, Sirius, etc.

look into it at logjam electronics...they shipped it same day for no extra cost...total price delivered...$97.00...sadly, no direct control of your ipod, however I ordered dlo's transpod which has a lineout minijack and it sits very nicely in the cigarette lighter 12V outlet at the base of the dash...Easy to read, easy to get to, and removable.

Last edited by AllHybrid; 01-07-2006 at 09:33 AM. Reason: forgot to answer completely