I got Hybridized!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 04:45 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default I got Hybridized!

Finally took the plunge and purchased a 2006 FEH FWD, Sonic Blue. Only major option is the appearance package. It also has the AC outlet, rear mats, & cargo cover.

I've been seriously considering a FEH since early July, and had been checking dealers' inventories within 200 miles or so. A dealer in Delaware had a red one which sold in August, and one outside Harrisburg had one in blue. Finally was ready to pull the trigger a week or so ago (naturally *after* the big gas increases).

My experience with LB Smith Ford in Lemoyne, PA was very positive. I requested a quote from their website, and Stu Bingham emailed me a quote of $27,296, or about $1,100 under MSRP. Drove out there late Friday morning, about a 2:15 drive for me. Unfortunately processing the paperwork took forever, but they were very hospitable there.

I asked Stu if he'd want me to post his contact info on this site, and he said he'd be interested to see if any buyers contact him as a result. He's off this week, but his number at LB Smith is 717-761-6700 or 800-422-3673, or use the website at www.lbsmithford.com to request a quote. He handles the internet inquiries. I think they currently have 2 AWD FEHs on the lot. FYI, I have no relationship with the dealer, just had a good experience! Tell him you heard about him from Fred from South Jersey on Green Hybrid!

I took a couple of pics at a rest stop on the PA Turnpike which I'll post.

Fred

Old 10-02-2005, 06:51 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: I got Hybridized!

Congrats on the new Escape!

Old 10-03-2005, 01:38 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: I got Hybridized!

Originally Posted by bar10dah
Congrats on the new Escape!
Thanks! I'm enjoying it so far. Honing my skills getting in to EV, thanks to all the tips & info here on Green Hybrid!

Coming home I have about a mile run at 25mph, and after 3 days I've been able to keep the ICE off the whole way despite a slight rise half-way through.

Fred

Last edited by team_venture; 10-03-2005 at 01:41 PM. Reason: add'l info