Hybrids can catch on fire...

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hybrids can catch on fire...

if you wonder why the techs at wally world are inept, watch this movie and you'll understand. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0473107/ .I personally will never spend another dime there.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:23 PM
N/A

Not to sound like a broken record but ... Wal-Mart? Seriously? For a 2008? I can't imagine a less appropriate place to take a 2008 FEH. In fact, I can't picture taking any vehicle that's still under factory warranty to Wal-Mart unless there was no alternative.

What's wrong with the Ford dealer? Perhaps there's none nearby. You probably live in a place with no Ford dealer, which make the choice understandable. Although we will still give you a lot of ribbing about it.

I don't know about other places, but Ford has their Quick Lane service at all dealers in my area. For less than $25, they change the oil, adjust tire pressure to whatever you want, top off the washer fluid and wash it when they're done. For another $15, they'll rotate the tires too. It beats all the other outlets and the service goes right on your MyFord service log. And if there was ever a question about service, any dealer anywhere can look up the records. What's not to love about that?

No outlet is perfect, of course. But with Ford now in the oil change and tire business, it only makes sense to me to use them.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:36 PM
N/A

Originally Posted by Jerry&Natalie
if you wonder why the techs at wally world are inept, watch this movie and you'll understand. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0473107/ .I personally will never spend another dime there.
AMEN.

In the past, we'd comparison shop for something big (microwave oven, LCD television, computer monitor, camera, etc) and could never figure out why WalMart was always among the most expensive stores. There were always one or two good deals, but the products we wanted were always more expensive, not less.

I caught this movie on a slow night on cable and was astounded. It explained so much. I have not spent a dime there since. It's sick.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mtberman
Not to sound like a broken record but ... Wal-Mart? Seriously? For a 2008? I can't imagine a less appropriate place to take a 2008 FEH. In fact, I can't picture taking any vehicle that's still under factory warranty to Wal-Mart unless there was no alternative.

What's wrong with the Ford dealer? Perhaps there's none nearby. You probably live in a place with no Ford dealer, which make the choice understandable. Although we will still give you a lot of ribbing about it.

I don't know about other places, but Ford has their Quick Lane service at all dealers in my area. For less than $25, they change the oil, adjust tire pressure to whatever you want, top off the washer fluid and wash it when they're done. For another $15, they'll rotate the tires too. It beats all the other outlets and the service goes right on your MyFord service log. And if there was ever a question about service, any dealer anywhere can look up the records. What's not to love about that?

No outlet is perfect, of course. But with Ford now in the oil change and tire business, it only makes sense to me to use them.
I doubt I will get much ribbing at all. Check out my first post:
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...31/#post127673

How much ribbing do you see? I have been getting changes there since 99 and have not had any problems.

I guess these decision processes depend on why you got the hybrid. If you got it because you wanted a new 'pet', then you might not mind taking it to the dealer where after they give you that $25.00 oil change (still more than Wally BTW) they try to sell you an inspection of Mr. Fusion on the flux capacitor for $150.00.

If your decision to buy the car was because it actually has to have a lower total cost of ownership than Wal-Mart with their $6.00 tire rotation might just be a fit for you.

I did it myself and it was definitely not so complicated that expecting a Wal-mart tech to be able to handle it is crazy. If my first post had revealed that only the dealer could handle the routine maintenance I would have canceled my order...

Cris

Old 12-17-2007, 01:36 PM
Lt. Green 06 FEH

Wally world, - thats a good one... Maybe they should have a moose out front that tells you "UhUHUHuhuh sorry folks we dont service hybrids here uhihiuuhuhuh"

Old 12-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I think $25 for dealer oil changes every 10K miles is a smokin' deal (if you didn't get lifetime free oil changes when you bought the truck). Plus, if there are any warranty issues relating to the engine, you're covered if you have a Ford maintenance record on file.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:34 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Locally here, a USPS delivery van caught on fire yesterday. While some of its mail was saved, most was lost.

It was NOT a hybrid.

Last edited by WaltPA; 12-18-2007 at 05:38 AM.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by D-mac
I think $25 for dealer oil changes every 10K miles is a smokin' deal ...
My dealer doesn't want to change my oil until the Message Center says it is due.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by WaltPA
Locally here, a USPS delivery van caught on fire yesterday. While some of its mail was saved, most was lost.

It was NOT a hybrid.
Must've had its oil changed at you know where. They don't handle USPS trucks either.... anymore.... seems if you change their oil wrong they catch fire. They also don't due midsize sedans, economy cars, or large SUV's.... They have alot of experience with this problem.

Old 12-18-2007, 09:48 PM
Think green.

After reading this thread, and coming across the following article at work tonight, I had to laugh. If this is true, the folks at Walmart had better learn about new car technologies:

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/artic...topart=hybrids