HV Battery not cooled by AC

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2022, 10:54 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default HV Battery not cooled by AC

I'm in Texas and it's really warm here. My 2009 Escape Hybrid has been running fine until now. The front A/C works fine. The rear A/C lines to the battery are warm. Both hybrid battery fans are working. Any idea why A/C doesn't come to the battery? Thanks!

Old 06-23-2022, 05:25 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HV Battery not cooled by AC

You can manually actuate the valve that cuts A/C over to the back in forscan. Try that. Turn off the cabin a/c and make sure the clutch isn't ticking on and off, if so it's low on R134. Beyond that maybe the rear expansion valve took a dump.

Rent/buy the gauges and it will tell you what is going on, just make sure the front a/c is off so you're only getting readings from the back system.

Old 06-23-2022, 07:04 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HV Battery not cooled by AC

Also, even though your car has the much better battery thermal management system - once you get it fixed - in the baking heat in Texas I would still suggest using a Heatshield windshield screen if you can. It's going to help save your dashboard and seats as well. You have to turn it into a bit of a ritual if you expect the car to be parked outside in direct sunlight but it really does work. Once you practice it's about 30 seconds on/off. No sun visor support needed, mine fits perfectly. Reflective side out! Made in USA!

I know I plug this product but I have no affiliation with them, for real. It just works great. My '10 Limited was garaged all the time before I bought it, and since I don't have a garage, it's outside now. This helps.

https://www.heatshieldstore.com/car-...ord-escape-suv

Last edited by AlexK; 06-23-2022 at 07:13 PM.