Husky from floor mats in 09...don't fit so well?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 09:42 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Husky from floor mats in 09...don't fit so well?

I ordered the 08's Husky front floor mats...thought I read on here they fit the 09' OK....the dead pedal doesn't fit so well....did they send me the right ones? My dead pedal is pretty much a square that should be notched in the floor mat...but the matt has more of an angled cut to it...am I crazy? I can't even find "08' Escape" in the floormats or the shipping info...made me wonder if they sent me the right ones.....if they are I'm not to impressed for a custom made matt...could have gotten this good of a fit from 25 dollar walmart specials......these are 70 dollar floor matts..

Old 11-18-2008, 03:15 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Husky from floor mats in 09...don't fit so well?

Slick, if you want to post a picture of your mats (in the vehicle), I'll do the same when mine (Weathertechs) come in.

Old 11-18-2008, 05:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

I'll try to take one tomorrow...just checked again and I'm not impressed with the fit, I don't see what is custom fit about these....big space between the mat and the door jamb to get dirty, doesn't fit around the dead pedal very well....

Does anyone know for a fact that the 08 and 09 floors are the same? Guess I should have waited until the websites actually said 09'.....

Old 11-18-2008, 06:47 PM

My Weathertechs had the same model for '08 and '09. Mine are supposed to be here tomorrow.

Sounds like the fit I had on the driver side on my Rav4. Passenger side was good.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:07 AM
Active Enthusiast

Slick - I have the '08 husky floor mats in my '08 MMH and they fit fine. The driver's side has the "square - or more rectangle" dead pedal shape. Sounds like you may have been sent the wrong one.

Old 11-19-2008, 12:11 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08MMHybridHappy
Slick - I have the '08 husky floor mats in my '08 MMH and they fit fine. The driver's side has the "square - or more rectangle" dead pedal shape. Sounds like you may have been sent the wrong one.
Same here. I've got the huskies in my 08 and all is well.

The 08 dead pedal is shaped like this: this?

_
|.\ . . . . . . .| . . . . . . .|
|..\ . . . . . . | . . . . . . .|
|...| . . . . __|__ . . . . |G|
|...| . . . .|Stop| . . . . |O|
|__| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Slick, is your dead pedal in your 09 shaped like that? Does it have a plastic cover or is it just carpeted?

Last edited by MyPart; 11-19-2008 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:44 PM
Active Enthusiast

Just carpeted...just called Husky and there are two problems....first I guess I didn't understand on AutoAnything that the Husky MATS are generic...they have you pick the model and tell you it's for your car but they send you generic mats...the part number I have is just a generic heavy duty mat...no kidding, it fits like a 25 dollar floor matt from walmart...but it costs over 60....
Second problem is the Husky lady tells me the 08 and 09 floors are different so the 08 LINER doesn't even work...guess I'm glad I didn't waste 90 bucks...only 60...actually I didn't pick the liner because it looked like crap on the autoanything website but I think that was a generic pictures, showed it going over a center hump which we don't have and didn't even fit well around the door jamb...but I did want a floor matt (as I call it, guess I wanted a liner) that covered up all the carpet which these don't....don't know what to do with these now...
What a waste of 60 something bucks...

Old 11-19-2008, 09:31 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Maybe you can put the ones you got on eBay and get some of that money back?

I know that the Husky liners I got for my 08 FEH driver and passenger floorboards are the heavy duty ones with a 1 inch lip all around and they fit rather well. Close enough to keep sand off the carpet for over 25,000mile and I live 5 miles from the beach.

Still don't know if the 09 floor is different. Maybe you can go by a Ford dealer and compare yours with an 08. I'm pretty sure there's no difference in the front/middle between the hybrid and non-hybrids. The difference (on the 08 at least) was in the rear cargo area and Husky has a specific part number for that.

The place I got my mine from does not list any parts for the 09 Escape yet or I would point you in their direction.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:11 AM
Active Enthusiast

The lady at husky was pretty confident that the 09 is different than the 08', said they are working on them for the 09....she also asked if it was a hybrid but I didn't bother to ask if that made a difference.

Old 11-20-2008, 02:55 PM

Well, color me stupid.

Got the Weathertechs in today and they do fit well, but I have gray carpet in the front and have beige floor mats now. Guess I should have checked the colors first.

First 3 pics are from the driver side, second 2 are the passenger side. The passenger side was a little snug on the seat side, but readjusting the mat took care of that.

Attached Thumbnails Husky from floor mats in 09...don't fit so well?-img_0788.jpg   Husky from floor mats in 09...don't fit so well?-img_0787.jpg   Husky from floor mats in 09...don't fit so well?-img_0789.jpg   Husky from floor mats in 09...don't fit so well?-img_0793.jpg   Husky from floor mats in 09...don't fit so well?-img_0792.jpg  

Quick Reply: Husky from floor mats in 09...don't fit so well?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands