how much did you pay?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 04:00 AM
Struggler at large
Default I also tried to get the Xplan price.

And the dealer said that the Hybrids didn't qualify for the xplan (or any plan as far as he could tell). I got this same story from all three dealers that I called. Apparently Ford re-imburses the dealer for the discount, so that they still make their money, and if there is no qualifying plan, then Ford won't pay.

Sounds like your dealer may have screwed him/herself, but it worked out for you!

Old 03-10-2005, 11:45 AM
Active Enthusiast
Post A- Plan

I'm not sure about the X-Plan, but I saved a little under $3,000 off MSRP (about 1,500 off invoice) using the A-Plan. The dealer I worked with showed me the price on his computer that was linked to a Ford Mo. Co. system for looking up A-plan priceing. The invoice price as well as the A-plan price was listed on that system. He looked up this information using the VIN. Once he had that information my sister had to get me a PIN number from Ford that I had to give to the dealer to get that price.

I am in the Detroit area and not sure if that matters or not, but I'm 99% sure that the A-Plan price came from Ford and not the dealer.

Last edited by mppkll; 03-10-2005 at 11:48 AM.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:19 PM
Struggler at large

I was thinking the Xplan was like $2-2.5K off... but I can't remember. The pricing does come from Ford, you are right. Each dealer I called had an X-plan price from Ford based on the VIN of the model I was interested in, but it wasn't showing up in their computer as a valid plan. It was especially frustrating because the X-plan website was giving me the X-plan price based on the VIN and I couldn't find anywhere that the X-plan wasn't valid for the Hybrid. The explanation I always got from the dealer was, "if it doesn't show up in my computer under the plan pulldown menu, then I don't get my money." I'm glad to hear the A-plan worked out.

Old 03-15-2005, 10:07 AM
Enthusiast

The way the dealer I went to explained it, Ford is only honoring A- & Z- plans for the Escape Hybrid...he speculated that this is b/c the demand is great enough for the hybrids and production of the vehicles is expensive enough that Ford didn't feel the need to offer extra incentives, aside from those offered to their own employees (A=active Ford employee, Z=retired Ford employee, X=Ford partner employees). All A-, X-, and Z-plan pricing comes directly to the dealer from Ford.

Old 03-16-2005, 02:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

I think bturner is right. That seems logical!

Old 03-16-2005, 05:55 PM
Early Adopter

I just tried the xplan website and for Escape Hybrid the example price I got was "N/A"

Give them a few months and if sales don't pick up they will become available.

Old 04-21-2005, 10:27 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: how much did you pay?

I was interested in the TBird when it first came out and no Xplan pricing was available. I considered buying it again end of 03 before i bought my sl500 and it WAS available as the TBird was no longer in hight demand. My Chicago dealer checked for me and the Xplan was not available on the FEH that we ordered july 04 and finally received last month.

Old 04-22-2005, 08:51 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Paid Invoice

My dealer, Killmon's Tysons Ford, wants $3,000 over MSRP for one of 2 hybrids he has on the lot. I think he will agree to make it $1,500. Should I wait? It is loaded with expensive nav option (don't need), leather (don't really want with kids and dog). Does anyone really think that surcharge will go away in June, given that gas prices may still go up?

Old 04-22-2005, 09:13 AM
Enthusiast

dknapp-you may want to check out dealerships in the norfolk/va beach/chesapeake area...i believe there are feh's on the lots that are not above msrp.

Old 04-22-2005, 09:47 AM
Active Enthusiast

I just sent Freedom Ford an e-mail. Will let you know what happens. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quick Reply: how much did you pay?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands