Gas Mileage

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 11:18 AM
Enthusiast
Default Gas Mileage

I recently bought a 2007 Escape Hybrid front wheel drive. I have noticed that on my way into work my gas mileage on the Nav AVE display is around 41 mpg. On my way home from work the AVE display is 31mpg. Would the higher temperature be a factor? I am takign the same roads and don't use the MAX/AC.

Scott

Old 06-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Gas Mileage

Originally Posted by uptownvideo
I recently bought a 2007 Escape Hybrid front wheel drive. I have noticed that on my way into work my gas mileage on the Nav AVE display is around 41 mpg. On my way home from work the AVE display is 31mpg. Would the higher temperature be a factor? I am takign the same roads and don't use the MAX/AC.

Scott
Maybe.... but there are pleanty of other possible reasons. For example... do you know the elevation above sea level of both locations? Maybe there is a significant difference and one way is on average up hill, one downhill. Maybe you have more traffic on one trip, etc.

Old 06-13-2007, 12:51 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Is traffic the same?

I know that I tend to drive more aggressively in heaver traffic. In light traffic, I just putt along at 55 to 60. In heavy traffic, I try to maintain about 10' between myself and the vehicle in front (to ward off anyone trying to pass/squeeze in).

Old 06-13-2007, 03:26 PM
2008 Escape Hybrid Owner

Originally Posted by TeeSter
Maybe.... but there are pleanty of other possible reasons. For example... do you know the elevation above sea level of both locations? Maybe there is a significant difference and one way is on average up hill, one downhill. Maybe you have more traffic on one trip, etc.
It doesn't take much elevation to make a difference! Your average is 36 mpg, that is not bad!