FYI: Cabin Air Filter

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 07:12 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default FYI: Cabin Air Filter

Recently chose to replace the cabin air filter. Discovered it not there! When I went to the NAPA website for the part number it was listed as a dealer option install for the FEH. It apparently is an installed filter on other Ford Escapes.

No big deal to put in as the frame/holder is already there. Its under the plastic cover under the windshield wiper on the passenger side. There are two covers: the one immediately under the windshield wipers and there is another plastic cover under that one that is a water shield over the top of the cabin air filter.

The cabin airfilter is a drop in. But you may need to buy some replacement pushpins (4) for the top cover where it seals against the sheetmetal of the firewall.

I went in to replace it since it is very dusty out here in the summer.

Just was surprised to find it as routinely installed on Escapes except the hybrid! To find out it isn't even there after 60k+ miles bothers me.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:26 AM
Imported from Detroit
Default Re: FYI: Cabin Air Filter

NAPA site is incorrect about the FE, at least for '09 they are and from what I've read, none do. Look here: http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/84...09-escape.html

Last edited by wptski; 07-19-2010 at 07:29 AM.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:52 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: FYI: Cabin Air Filter

Didn't say it was right for the 09s...
I entered the 06 and that was what came up...

Anyway I put one in, no sweat.

Amazing, just amazing, that they wouldn't at least tell you about it.