Forscan, Torque, FordSys, which app?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 03:46 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Forscan, Torque, FordSys, which app?

I got my BAFX Elm device, it connected and seems to read OBDII data. So now I need to choose which app to use with the FEH. All of the demo versions work but I'm wondering which one to upgrade and buy. Any suggestions?

Old 11-13-2017, 04:20 PM
Default Re: Forscan, Torque, FordSys, which app?

Depends on purpose. For diags, Forscan. Hands-down. I use it with a MiniVCI.

Free and it seems very powerful - substantially better than Torque. I use the crap outta Torque for Prius, but I'm not a fan with the FEH.

I'll have to give Fordsys a try.

I have a BAFX, but I'm not that impressed with it. It does appear to be more reliable in terms of connection than the cheapest ELM327 readers, but I'm probably just convinced of that because I spent $20 on it instead of the usual $10 readers...

Old 11-13-2017, 04:29 PM

Okay, I'll give Forscan a try as I need to diag my lack of regen braking issue.
Only the Forscan Demo is free now, Forscan Lite is $4.61 but that's what I need.

The BAFX has to be a superior device with all the flashing lights.
My first experience with an ELM327 reader but it does seem to work.

Will Forscan do significantly more than my ScanGauge or it's just a slicker UI?

Old 11-13-2017, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by econoline
Okay, I'll give Forscan a try as I need to diag my lack of regen braking issue.
Only the Forscan Demo is free now, Forscan Lite is $4.61 but that's what I need.

The BAFX has to be a superior device with all the flashing lights.
My first experience with an ELM327 reader but it does seem to work.

Will Forscan do significantly more than my ScanGauge or it's just a slicker UI?
I should clarify. I use the Windows beta:

http://www.forscan.org/download.html

I have no idea about the app.

Old 11-14-2017, 06:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

The FORscan windows version is the full version, and it's free. You can also request a code to access virtually everything that a dealer can. Its worth digging up an old laptop.

I used it on my Mustang when the brake system was going bonkers, TCM light was staying on, no ABS etc. I thought the $400 module was toast. FORscan told me to check the brake fluid level.

On the FEH it revealed several minor faults that were easily corrected, but do not show in a normal OBD scan.

Old 11-14-2017, 07:06 PM

Thanks guys. I have the Forscan Lite Android app installed now, haven't played with it much yet. I'm a Mac so haven't had windows since '98. Let me see how far I get with Forscan Lite.

Old 11-21-2017, 08:24 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I tried Torque, which has an attractive and very customizable interface. But it doesn't have the pid's for hybrid-specific parameters. It allows custom pids, but I couldn't figure out how to create them and no one was ok giving them to me.

I tried hobDrive, which comes with a custom profile for FEH's. And all the parameters you could ever want. But the interface is ugly and allows for insignificant customization.

FORScan seems to have the hybrid parameters and an adequate interface. I had no problem getting it to work with a cheap ELM27 bluetooth adaptor. But the things I'm interested in are while you are driving, and playing with the phone interface while driving is just too distracting relative to the importance of finding out more than I know about how the hybrid works.

Old 11-24-2017, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by xspirit
I tried Torque, which has an attractive and very customizable interface. But it doesn't have the pid's for hybrid-specific parameters. It allows custom pids, but I couldn't figure out how to create them and no one was ok giving them to me.

I tried hobDrive, which comes with a custom profile for FEH's. And all the parameters you could ever want. But the interface is ugly and allows for insignificant customization.

FORScan seems to have the hybrid parameters and an adequate interface. I had no problem getting it to work with a cheap ELM27 bluetooth adaptor. But the things I'm interested in are while you are driving, and playing with the phone interface while driving is just too distracting relative to the importance of finding out more than I know about how the hybrid works.
Here you go, how to setup torque with hybrid codes, well how to import them!

http://www.cleanmpg.com/community/in...threads/50474/

Old 11-25-2017, 09:45 AM

FWIW, I get very mixed results with those extended PIDs, particularly for current. It's frustrating to the point that I don't bother with it.

Old 02-07-2018, 12:53 PM
Enthusiast

Anyone tried one of these cheap cables to connect to pc? Says for VW but wonder if its just a standard OBD2 connector. https://www.ebay.com/itm/VAGCOM-USB-...rOgOJKZzavgJuA

Quick Reply: Forscan, Torque, FordSys, which app?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands