Ford wants my FEH 06 back!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 02:42 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Ford wants my FEH 06 back!!!

Hi,

Im the one who got the call and posted what has turned out to be quite the conversation piece. I have to laugh about it because when I went to buy the car, it was the only one on the lot. It had some options I didnt care about like 4WD and nav system and it was missing some options I wanted, like leather and the appearance package or whatever it is called. I was prepared to order one when the manager came in with the invoice for the car on the lot and cut me a huge deal ( 4K off invoice) plus gave me more for my almost new suburban than I paid for it in trade so I got the car and paid only title, tags, tax, and transfer. Then I bought the real spare which has also been of interest on this site and had the after market leather upgrade done a few months later when I realized I hated those seats and couldnt stand the car unless I did something about it. So essentially they gave me this car and now they want it back. Ive been suspicious about the original deal since I bought the car, wondering where they made money in any aspect of the deal, trying to figure out exactly how they ripped me off, and now they want it back and Im still sleuthing because I dont believe they do anything that isnt in their best interest. I have a friend from up north who is on a waiting list for a FEH and Ive told him he should come down here because for whatever reason this dealer wants to give away what is on his lot or so it seems. I bought the car before Katrina and before gas went through the roof and before Ford started marketing the car and the demand rose, so I dont get why now, in this environment they are offering me this unless there is something in it for them. Anyway, Im not going to do it. Ultimately, I like my new seats too much to give them up and at only 9K miles, it still even smells like a new car. No reason for me t do it but if anyone wants the deal, I'll gladly post the dealers info.
Anne

Old 06-09-2006, 07:35 AM
Active Enthusiast

I'm not privy to the inner workings of auto dealerships, but I wonder if there may be some sort of kickback or bonus the dealer is trying to earn either with the sale(s) of new FEHs or with overall sales numbers.

Old 06-09-2006, 08:05 AM
MPG FANATIC WITH GUZZLERS
Default No bonus or kickback-just give someone a good deal.

randykato,I don't think the kickback"gotta sell so many FEH by..." is the answer.If it were they-the dealer-could just cut someone a good deal on the new one.Why go through all this trading new for used.
A used vehicle-same,same-is NEVER NEVER-worth more than the same vehicle new.
ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING THAT THE NEW ONE COME WITH A $2400 TAX CREDIT!!
NEWGREENIE Anne's instinct is correct(and it is hard to weigh just how much comfortable seats are worth, but it is a lot, if the seats were otherwise uncomfortable). The dealer is pulling a fast one;maybe something to do with financing or maybe they aren't trading feature for feature(but how would they conceal the lack of NAV etc?).
The dealer is working something, and it certainly isn't trading an equivalent new car for used car."If it sounds too good to be true, it is."
Enjoy those comfortable seats!Luck,Charlie

Old 06-09-2006, 08:29 AM
Happy HiHy Owner
Cool Re: Ford wants my FEH 06 back!!!

As previously stated: If it seems too good to be true, it usually is.
Another pertinent quote is from P.T. barnum: There's a sucker born every minute

Last edited by jajohnson; 06-09-2006 at 08:35 AM.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:33 AM
Enthusiast

I agree, there must be a catch somewhere, maybe refinance with a higher rate or buy extended warranty or something we haven't thought of. NO business man is stupid enough to trade same thing new for old.

Originally Posted by jajohnson
My rule of thumb: If it seems too good to be true, it usually is.

Old 06-09-2006, 08:39 AM
Active Enthusiast

Maybe just ask the dealer what's up. If there really is a logical reason that makes such a deal good for him and for you, he should be glad to explain it in order to make the deal. If he's shady about it, or his explanation doesn't sound right, he's probably trying to pull a fast one.

Old 06-10-2006, 03:07 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I am the Internet Sales Manager for a local car dealer & this offer makes no sense whatever to me, there has to be a catch to it somewhere.

I've worked in & arouund the car business for years & I've never heard of amnything like this.

~John

Old 07-09-2006, 12:00 PM
Active Enthusiast

Are you getting a full ~15gal in your gas tank? Do you get unexplainably giggily when you drive the FEH? Are you sure the odor is new car smell or is is maybe wacky tabaccy?

Old 07-09-2006, 12:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

My money is on: http://calsun.canoe.ca/Business/2006...75673-sun.html