Ford wants my FEH 06 back!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 05:22 AM
Enthusiast
Default Ford wants my FEH 06 back!!!

I received a call from my dealer asking me if they could buy back my FEH 06. He said they need slightly used hybrids on their used car lot. He offered me another 06 at no cost to me. I declined because I only have 9K on the car and invested in an after market leather upgrade which has provided me with larger, wider and more comfortably padded seating and I bought a real spare. He said they would give me the spare and subsidize but not fully pay for the after market leather upgrade plus give me the full extended warranty. He did say I would have to pick from what is available on the lot which consisted of the light green color or white. I like my metallic red. Im happy with my car. Would you guys take the offer?

Old 06-03-2006, 07:03 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Ford wants my FEH 06 back!!!

That is the strangest request I ever heard of. I would be weary of this offer. Dealers rarely by used cars for what you have invested. Although, 9k on an 06 is quite a few miles already so you would be starting out fresh. If they are so interested in buying back your 06 I would make sure it is worth your while, especially if you like your current one.

Old 06-03-2006, 07:42 AM
Active Enthusiast

I see no reason to take the offer unless the new '06 FEH they would "give" you is better than the one you have now. It is entirely possible that they are trying to give you one with less options because there is a larger demand for one with the options you have.

Old 06-03-2006, 06:31 PM
MPG FANATIC WITH GUZZLERS

If the cars were equivalent except for the 9000 miles on yours, of course you would take the trade.

It makes perfect sense for a dealer to prefer a nice "broken in" car with less warranty and without any potential federal tax credit to a nice shiny new car that he could sell with a $2400 tax credit.
Ask this LYING **** what is in it for him!!???
WE ALL WANT TO KNOW.
NO ONE WOULD BELIEVE THE "I want a nice low mile used one, instead of a nice NEW one."
Does that make any sense to anyone?
Occasionally the manufacturer will do an early buy back and tear down to see how a vehicle is holding up to "real world use", but they always tell you when they are doing this.
I would take his offer, if he was actually making an honest offer, but there is a catch here that you/we haven't discovered.
There is a tiny,I mean tiny, chance that he has a customer who just can't live without your color Escape, and this customer is will to pay waaaay over list, but I doubt it.
Ask him why.Tell him his first explanation is BS, but you just might go for it if he tells you the truth.
Luck,Charlie
PS Check into the tax credit deal-make sure you aren't giving it up if you do this deal.I doubt it-you get to claim one or the other.(too bad you can't figure a way to get the credit twice-isn't there some 18 month limit?)

Old 06-04-2006, 12:11 AM
It is easy being green

If your happy with your car, by all means keep it. The only way for a dealership to look good is on paper, so its all about numbers. So if you did take him up on the offer, they get the used car and get you out the door in a new one, showing 1 sale on paper. Then they can turn around and sell the used one, showing another sale for them. So by taking them up on the offer the dealership gets to show 2 more hybrid sales for the month, thus making them look better.

Old 06-04-2006, 11:16 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

What an odd, odd offer.

I wouldn't, but that's mostly because I've become rather attached to mine, and in all likelyhood, any new one wouldn't perform any better, and would have to be broken in all over again. Besides, I like to believe that I have the first 2006 FEH ever made.

Old 06-05-2006, 06:00 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Talking Re: Ford wants my FEH 06 back!!!

Sorry Pravus.... You don't have the first one.... I'm afraid she does. Thats why they want it back so bad.

Old 06-05-2006, 06:07 AM
Enthusiast

No, Im sure I dont have the first one! They "say" they are building a new used car lot and there is a demand for slightly used hybrids and they want some on the new lot. Apparently they offered this deal to everyone who bought 06's. Since my post I talked to a lady in the grocery store parking lot who has one from the same dealer and they called her too. She was curious and went in to check it out. Basically, they offer you a new 06 from what they have on the lot and you pay title, tags, and transfer, so there is out of pocket expense. BTW.."everyone" is about 6 people! Im not going to do it but it remains the strangest event of my summer so far.

Old 06-05-2006, 09:21 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

If this is on the level for a comparably equipped vehicle, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Old 06-05-2006, 09:51 AM
Enthusiast

did you get all that stuff after market?

Quick Reply: Ford wants my FEH 06 back!!!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands