Ford Escape Hybrid Fuel Economy Experience

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 10:23 AM
Green Missionary
Default Re: Ford Escape Hybrid Fuel Economy Experience

Originally Posted by tcampb01
. . .I'm sure they'll probably have similar info at this new event and it would be REALLY GREAT if they could make that info available to those who can't attend (e.g. provide a copy that could posted here to the website?)

Regards,
Tim
I know of no "new event" Ford is planning, unless ddderek is successful in getting some Ford people to a powwow. I do think that the "Dearborn Experience" was one thing which separated Ford from the Honda and Toyota offerings at the time.

The purpose was two-fold. One, there was some concern that owners (of Insights and Prius's) were not getting the mileage that they expected and the "Escape Hybrid Experience" tried to address that for the new FEH. The second is that the Ford engineers really wanted to know what owners thought, what was right about the vehicle and what needed improvement.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by John M. Dwyer
I know of no "new event" Ford is planning, unless ddderek is successful in getting some Ford people to a powwow. I do think that the "Dearborn Experience" was one thing which separated Ford from the Honda and Toyota offerings at the time.

The purpose was two-fold. One, there was some concern that owners (of Insights and Prius's) were not getting the mileage that they expected and the "Escape Hybrid Experience" tried to address that for the new FEH. The second is that the Ford engineers really wanted to know what owners thought, what was right about the vehicle and what needed improvement.
Whoops! I saw the thread floated to the top and thought, in light of the emphasis for all auto-companies to improve their "fuel efficient" image that Ford had rescheduled another one of these events.

I'll have to be more careful to check the dates on these posts. Sorry. =)

Regards,
Tim

Old 08-07-2008, 01:27 PM
Green Missionary

Originally Posted by tcampb01
Whoops! I saw the thread floated to the top and thought, in light of the emphasis for all auto-companies to improve their "fuel efficient" image that Ford had rescheduled another one of these events.

I'll have to be more careful to check the dates on these posts. Sorry. =)

Regards,
Tim
I think it would be an excellent idea for Ford - and the other manufacturers as well - to do the "Dearborn Experience" kind of thing often. Especially for hybrids and alternatively powered vehicles.

The auto companies (with the exception of Honda) are losing money while they adjust to a changing market. The future belongs to those who make the adjustments most rapidly and in accord with user desires. It is particularly difficult now, but the rewards in the future of developing a customer base now should more than offset the investment.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:49 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Mazda used to have the Zoom Zoom events where people could drive several models like the 3, RX8 and Miata. They weren't green events at all but they did give people a great look at their cars and their capabilities.

I can see where Ford could do something like this and point out all their current and upcoming green technologies. I envision a FEH on a road course getting 40+ MPG runs and them showing off EcoBoost!

Old 08-07-2008, 03:21 PM

If anyone wants to read notes that were taken during that first "Ford FEH Experience", they can be found here:
http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125

Very good information from an expert, Wayne Gerdes.

GaryG

Old 08-07-2008, 06:36 PM
Green Missionary

Originally Posted by GaryG
If anyone wants to read notes that were taken during that first "Ford FEH Experience", they can be found here:
http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125

Very good information from an expert, Wayne Gerdes.

GaryG
The first thirteen posts to this thread are a sequence leading up to the Escape Hybrid Experience. Specific reactions are posted on a different thread here, and on different sites (such as in the link in the quote above).

Wayne Gerdes is an internationally known expert on mileage for a number of different kinds and models of vehicles.

Last edited by John M. Dwyer; 08-07-2008 at 06:38 PM. Reason: typographical error