Fold Forward Seatback on FEH ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 01:12 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Fold Forward Seatback on FEH ?

Long story, but I'm trying to buy Covercraft "Seat Saver" seat covers from Autoanything.com. After getting the side airbag issue resolved, the next variable is whether or not my '07 FEH has fold forward seatbacks on the front seats. The passenger seat folds back to nearly flat, but doesn't seem to fold forward very far unless I'm missing a release **** somewhere.

I've attached the photo (see right half of pic) of the folded forward seat that Autoanything sent me. Looks like an Escape interior. Anyone know if the '07s have this feature and how it works? Thanks.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
seatback.pdf (152.2 KB, 342 views)
Old 10-09-2007, 02:23 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert
Default Re: Fold Forward Seatback on FEH ?

Can't tell from the photos if that is an Escape or not.
I have never gotten mine to do that, but then again, I've never tried very hard! I'd like to know how myself if it is possible!
But I've never heard of it being possible in 2.5 years of reading ALL these threads.
-John

Old 10-09-2007, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by gpsman1
I have never gotten mine to do that, but then again, I've never tried very hard! I'd like to know how myself if it is possible!
But I've never heard of it being possible in 2.5 years of reading ALL these threads.
-John
Thanks John. I can't figure out how to make it do that either. Folding the seatback backwards to flat does work, and seems far more useful both for cargo carrying or napping. Guess I'll go with that option unless someone knows otherwise.

BTW, the Covercraft seatcovers are pretty nice for $100 (front). They fit well enough and are machine washable. I'd be using them now if they'd sent me the side airbag compatible model.

Old 10-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by econoline
the next variable is whether or not my '07 FEH has fold forward seatbacks on the front seats.
I don't think the fold-forward seats are an issue in the Escape. They probably don't realize that the Escape comes in 4-door only. The fold-forward seats are in two door vehicles for access to the rear seats.

Old 10-09-2007, 04:20 PM
It is easy being green

Originally Posted by denverjay
I don't think the fold-forward seats are an issue in the Escape. They probably don't realize that the Escape comes in 4-door only. The fold-forward seats are in two door vehicles for access to the rear seats.
if you look in the pic on the right, you can see the door handle for the rear door. it looks like a ford vehicle but not an escape, im thinking maybe the inside of the ford edge

Old 10-09-2007, 07:58 PM
N/A

The feature is what Ford calls the "Fold Flat" front passenger seat-back and it's available on the Ford Edge. It's included in the optional seating package on the regular model and is standard on the uplevel SEL Plus model. It's not available on the Escape.

Yes, that is a Ford Edge in the photo.

What's with those seat covers? Are they really that baggy? They look sort of like slipcovers.

Old 10-09-2007, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by mtberman
The feature is what Ford calls the "Fold Flat" front passenger seat-back and it's available on the Ford Edge. It's included in the optional seating package on the regular model and is standard on the uplevel SEL Plus model. It's not available on the Escape.

Yes, that is a Ford Edge in the photo.

What's with those seat covers? Are they really that baggy? They look sort of like slipcovers.
Thanks Terry, that's the info I needed.

Yeah they do look kind of baggy in the pictures, but in real life they fit well and are worth the $100 for the front buckets. I tried out the passenger side one before returning them, and like it well enough to exchange for the side airbag compatible model. They are kind of a heavy cotton duck, but the color match is good and the feel is nice. I had Wet Okoles on my WRX but didn't want that expense again.

Old 10-10-2007, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by gpsman1
The power seat controls on the side of the passenger seat, was my first clue that this is not a pic of any Escape (or Mariner).

Plus, even with the side air bags, there is no air bag "door" on the seat back on the Escapes.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by WaltPA
The power seat controls on the side of the passenger seat, was my first clue that this is not a pic of any Escape (or Mariner).

Plus, even with the side air bags, there is no air bag "door" on the seat back on the Escapes.
Walt, don't the airbags deploy out of the side of the front seat cushions? On mine there's an "airbag" label on the side of the seatback, about shoulder height. I assumed that any seatcover I installed would need an opening there to allow the airbag to deploy. If that's not how it works I may be able to use the seatcovers I already have, which don't have any opening on the sides.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:26 AM
N/A

Owner's manual (P 128) says do not use accessory seat covers as they may interfere with side airbag deployment.

Quick Reply: Fold Forward Seatback on FEH ?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands