Flooded FEH LARGE pictures included. HELP

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2020, 04:18 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Flooded FEH LARGE pictures included. HELP

The FEH is driving fine so far without any issues. The problem I noticed so far is the Bluetooth function. Before the flood happened, I used the Bluetooth all the time pairing with my galaxy Note 10 plus to listen to music. It would connect and make the sound prompt.

This time it won't play or stream any audio. It is able to connect and pair BUT won't play the sound. It also controls using the steering wheel and still won't play. I did a master reset and restore default, also tried removing the SYNC fuse for 10 minutes and no avail.

Could the water damaged the SYNC module under the center console? I am now on the verge of buying a used module off ebay and test if it is the culprit.

Old 08-06-2020, 03:30 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by avinator
The FEH is driving fine so far without any issues. The problem I noticed so far is the Bluetooth function. Before the flood happened, I used the Bluetooth all the time pairing with my galaxy Note 10 plus to listen to music. It would connect and make the sound prompt.

This time it won't play or stream any audio. It is able to connect and pair BUT won't play the sound. It also controls using the steering wheel and still won't play. I did a master reset and restore default, also tried removing the SYNC fuse for 10 minutes and no avail.

Could the water damaged the SYNC module under the center console? I am now on the verge of buying a used module off ebay and test if it is the culprit.
It that module is located in the center console, definitely. I'm pleasantly surprised you haven't experienced more electrical issues.

Old 08-06-2020, 05:46 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GatorJ
It that module is located in the center console, definitely. I'm pleasantly surprised you haven't experienced more electrical issues.
Yes! I am surprised that this is possibly the only electrical fault. so....I tried using the USB mode and aux line input and no sound is coming out. Sometimes the aux won't even switch on when I press the button and it would go back to FM radio. I ordered a SYNC module as a replacement and will see if this will fix. it supposed to arrive in a week.

Old 09-06-2020, 06:12 AM
Enthusiast

The SYNC module (bluetooth) was faulty due to the water damage. Replaced it and now works like before!

Old 09-06-2020, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by avinator
The SYNC module (bluetooth) was faulty due to the water damage. Replaced it and now works like before!
I'm really glad to hear this. Now you need to make sure your GPS tells you when the water on those swampy back roads in Florida is too deep.

Seriously, it's great to hear this worked out. I thought 50/50 the car was a goner at the beginning.

Old 09-06-2020, 09:56 AM
Active Enthusiast

With many Jeeps becoming electrified too, the days of floating down the river with your engine snorkel and extended breathers are coming to an end for now. Great things worked out!

Old 09-06-2020, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Hippo the Hybrid
With many Jeeps becoming electrified too, the days of floating down the river with your engine snorkel and extended breathers are coming to an end for now. Great things worked out!
Given that batteries, motors and wiring harnesses are already sealed, it wouldn't take much to ensure the same function can be obtained without the need for a snorkel.