First drive in my 09'

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 03:10 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: First drive in my 09'

I had my first drive (alone) with my '09 today. Was disappointed the engine kicks in so easily. Would be nice to disable that on my .6 mile commute to/from work each day and only kick in when the battery is low. It's going to be difficult to do a EV only commute to work without pi**ing off the people behind me. Like you said, takes some practice.

Creep is good. I like that.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by colchiro
I had my first drive (alone) with my '09 today. Was disappointed the engine kicks in so easily. Would be nice to disable that on my .6 mile commute to/from work each day and only kick in when the battery is low. It's going to be difficult to do a EV only commute to work without pi**ing off the people behind me. Like you said, takes some practice.

Creep is good. I like that.
The '09 FEH gets some getting use to for acceleration in EV. For some reason it requires a 46% or higher SoC to do an all EV start, but mine is getting easier as it breaks in. What I do is let the engine start and get up to speed while charging the battery. The great part is you can get moving and go EV in a split second at any time. I'm already climbing bridges at 30mph and that's the best I've ever done in my '05. Get those tires to 44psi (mine are at 50psi) to decrease all that break-in drag. My '05 FEH glides in neutral much better and further because it's broke-in and in a matter of time the '09 will also.

GaryG

Old 11-04-2008, 04:27 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Did I read this correctly-0.6 mile commute? If so, one needs to remember the vehicle does a "25 second" check immediately after a cold start in which EV is not possible. Then the vehicle needs to exceed 188 degree cylinder head temperature (CHT on the scanguage II unit) and 153 radiator (FwT on the scanguage unit) temperature from a cold start for EV to be possible.

I do not know if the 2009 vehicle has different values then my 2005 FEH.

Last edited by Billyk; 11-05-2008 at 04:50 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:35 PM

I guess I'll have to move further away from work or take the long way then.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Enthusiast

Take the long way that has the most traffic...and you'll see the FEH shine like you've never thought...

Old 11-04-2008, 07:53 PM

I will say this about my '09 FEH Limited, it's light years ahead of my '05 Rav4 Limited in comfort and features.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:44 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by colchiro
I guess I'll have to move further away from work or take the long way then.
or you could always ride a bike to work

I recommend Schwin

Old 11-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

It is a little difficult to ride a bicycle in the snow as currently found where this original poster lives

Old 11-08-2008, 10:13 AM

Yes, have about an inch on the ground from last night.

At least it isn't feet of snow like western ND.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Enthusiast

"Would be nice to disable that on my .6 mile commute to/from work each day"

If I had a 0.6 mile commute colchiro, I would leave my FEH in the garage and walk to work. I have been in airports where the walk from one gate to another is longer. However, not every one is in good health or perhaps you have to run errands during the day. For that distance, an electric golf cart could be used if you could not walk the distance.

Quick Reply: First drive in my 09'

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands