First Cold Start on ICE Event Today

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2022, 02:07 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default First Cold Start on ICE Event Today

It's winter now, or at least it's getting to be. I had my first ICE cold start of the season on the '10 FEH this morning as the temperatures last night dipped into the low-mid-30s where I am.

I turned the key and the car was "ready to drive" but started the ICE almost instantly, within 2 seconds. That's normal for the cold, and there was almost no electric assist until the cabin warmed up and the battery got a little heat into it. The SoC as shown on the HEV screen of the infotainment system actually indicated a slightly higher than usual number of "lozenges" - so it wasn't a self-discharge event and there was plenty of power to light the ICE instantly.

To me that means it's officially winter. My new Nokians are arriving next week, and that's a good thing because we are probably looking at some early November snowfall.

Safe travels!