First A/C issue of the year

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 06:39 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default First A/C issue of the year

Had the over-revving A/C issue on Saturday. I drove about 30 miles and all was fine, parked and went into a store, drove another 10 miles and parked again, then when I was on the freeway going 20 miles home with A/C on the RPMs would not drop below 2500 at 55mph. Turned off the A/C and they dropped to 1500 as normal. It was ~90 deg out, but this seems a bit early in the season still to have an overheating issue already. Anyone else have this problem? Last year I didn't notice it til late in the summer, and only on 95+ degree days.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:56 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: First A/C issue of the year

Originally Posted by RayP
Had the over-revving A/C issue on Saturday. I drove about 30 miles and all was fine, parked and went into a store, drove another 10 miles and parked again, then when I was on the freeway going 20 miles home with A/C on the RPMs would not drop below 2500 at 55mph. Turned off the A/C and they dropped to 1500 as normal. It was ~90 deg out, but this seems a bit early in the season still to have an overheating issue already. Anyone else have this problem? Last year I didn't notice it til late in the summer, and only on 95+ degree days.
I've already had one a couple of weeks ago. I think Ford may have reprogrammed the CPU at my last oil change, because it appears to happen at a lower temperature - somewhere around 90 degrees instead of the 96 of last summer.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by stevedebi
I've already had one a couple of weeks ago. I think Ford may have reprogrammed the CPU at my last oil change, because it appears to happen at a lower temperature - somewhere around 90 degrees instead of the 96 of last summer.

If they did, it would show up on your invoice.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:36 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GatorJ
If they did, it would show up on your invoice.
Nope, invoice says nothing about any software changes. It makes sense they should have to note that on the invoice for tracking purposes but are you sure this is the case?

Old 06-16-2010, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by RayP
Nope, invoice says nothing about any software changes. It makes sense they should have to note that on the invoice for tracking purposes but are you sure this is the case?
Actually, I think he was referring to my post, but at the moment I'm driving my other car and don't have access to my last invoice. But I don't remember any such comments.

BTW, it wouldn't be labeled "Software changes", it would be some kind of "update".