FEH perimeter alarm

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 09:54 AM
Enthusiast
Default FEH perimeter alarm

When I set the alarm system a small chirp used to be heard. Somehow over the weekend I accidentally changed that. Now when I set the system the horn honks. How do I change that back to a small chirp.

Thanks..

Old 02-24-2006, 09:59 AM
Prof. of Hybridology
Default Re: FEH perimeter alarm

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Do you have a third party alarm also on it? As far as I know, there's only the light flash/horn beep when the alarm is set.

Old 02-24-2006, 11:11 AM
Escape Hybrid Enthusiast
Smile Re: FEH perimeter alarm

Originally Posted by atomooka
When I set the alarm system a small chirp used to be heard. Somehow over the weekend I accidentally changed that. Now when I set the system the horn honks. How do I change that back to a small chirp.

Thanks..
Originally Posted by Pravus Prime
I'm not sure what you're talking about. Do you have a third party alarm also on it? As far as I know, there's only the light flash/horn beep when the alarm is set.

Mine also. Always has just been a flash of the lights and if done a second time (to check and make sure it locked) the horn also beeped. Never heard a 'chirp' from the FEH.

Old 02-24-2006, 11:39 AM
Jim
Active Enthusiast

The locking action itself makes a chirping sound.

Old 02-24-2006, 01:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

I wouldn't call that a chirping sound... unless Allan's locks needed some lubrication and were squeaking/chirping when engaging.

However, if this IS the case, it sounds like he wasn't setting the alarm at all, but just locking the vehicle.

Allan, were you pressing the lock button on the remote once or twice? From the factory I think it's one press to lock and two to lock and set the alarm. There may be a way to reset it so that one press sets the alarm as well (I know you can change the unlock button to unlock just the driver's door or all the doors).

Old 03-30-2006, 10:17 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

So far as I know there isn't an alarm system installed at the factory. If you hit the button once it locks, the beep from the second hit is doing nothing different than the first, its just letting you know the doors did lock (in case you are far away from the vehicle and can't hear the click). In the accessories catalog you can order an alarm that is shock and interior movement sensitive.

The "perimeter alarm" the sticker refers to is the sensor system for backing up.

Don't believe me... hit the button twice and kick those tires... I don't think anything will happen. Also note that the "THEFT" warning light in the instrument cluster starts flashing as soon as the key is removed and before you set the alarm.

There is a passive disable system that makes theft really hard. That I think confuses people into thinking there is an alarm. A chip in your key emits an RF signal to a sensor in the car. Without that RF signal the gas is cut off and the engine will NOT start. You can't hot wire the thing easily or anything. Most insurance companies will give you an anti theft discount for that.

Thats also why spare keys will have to be made at a ford dealer, they will cost quite a bit, AND you must bring all your current keys with you to have a new one made because programming the system to recognize the new one requires that each key be presented to the lock one at a time (I think I have that right... my dad is a Parts Manager at a Ford dealership, and I think thats what he said).

Old 03-31-2006, 06:55 AM
Active Enthusiast

Actually, Tim, there is an alarm that comes as standard equipment. It's not a motion alarm, but if any of the doors are opened while it's set, it will sound. I'm pretty sure (I'd have to check my manual/sticker) that this is referred to as the perimeter alarm.... I remember that term, and the 2005 didn't have the backup sensor option.

BTW, most 2005s (minus the later production runs) do not have the PATS system, even though it was assumed they did. Do a search, and you'll find lots of discussion on the topic.

Old 03-31-2006, 10:14 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

From my 2006 manual you are indeed right. There is a "perimeter" alarm. The perimeter alarm is armed on the first button press. The horn sound for the second press is only to allow you to know your doors did lock if you are too far away to hear them click. (pg 115, 120-121). So I'm paritally right, and partially wrong. (which better than usual for me )

I guess I'm just used to an alarm system as having "shock" sensors.

Old 03-31-2006, 03:36 PM
Active Enthusiast

Interesting... I'll have to test that on mine. I was pretty sure it was one press to lock everything and the second press actually arms the alarm. If it arms on the first press, I'm sure my neighbors will be happier when I come home in the middle of the night and don't have to sound the horn.

Old 03-31-2006, 07:24 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

It arms on the first click, confirms on the second. (If you leave a door or the trunk open, it'll honk twice to let you know that.)

Quick Reply: FEH perimeter alarm

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands