Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 07:59 PM
Enthusiast
Default FEH Availability

What is the availability of the FEH?

Old 09-25-2005, 09:41 PM
Early Adopter
Default Re: FEH Availability

It really depends on geography. I was able to get one out of the showroom (dealer had two at the time) last November but I don't see any on my dealer's lot, but forddirect.com shows inventory at other area dealers.

Old 09-26-2005, 02:47 AM
Megageek

2 months ago I got two of them, one from the dealers lot and the other one they had to get from another dealer about 60 miles away. It all depends on how bad they want your business, they can get them if they really want it.

Old 09-26-2005, 03:17 AM
Happy Owner

A dealer in Portland Maine has several 05's and 06's on the lot. Not going to help you in CA, but keep searching, you'll find them.

Old 09-26-2005, 06:26 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hybrid_Jon
What is the availability of the FEH?
These things are rarer than hen's teeth. You'll never find one at the dealer, anywhere.

I just happen to have two of them (me and WScott created the shortage) and they are both for sale for the right price......make an offer in the 40's and we have a deal. They are both gently driven, properly broke in and the '06 is already a certified hypermiler.

Seriously, many of the Ford dealers around Boston still run newspaper ads for them. They seem to be out there. Right after I bought my '05 I had to go to another dealer for parts for my truck and they had 7 on the lot. This was in April though.

Good luck finding one now....

Old 09-26-2005, 07:50 AM
Active Enthusiast

Use the Ford Direct web site. You can search inventory near you (or anywhere).

You can also get price quotes from dealers' Internet Sales departments - where I was quoted MSRP, when I walked into the dealer they told me $2000 above sticker, I told them about my price quote and it was no problem. Saved $2000 without having to fight for it.

Old 09-26-2005, 07:56 AM
Active Enthusiast

I should think they'd become easier to find while the Ford "employee pricing" promotion (everyone gets employee pricing) is happening. The FEH is excluded from that promotion. That makes the price difference between a standard Escape and a Hybrid a lot larger than one would expect to recover in fuel economy savings.

If that doesn't work, contact a dealer in the Detroit area. They don't sell as easily here because just about everyone who buys a Ford either (a) works for Ford or (b) has friends or family that works for Ford -- either way they get a discount on their new cars. Again, the FEH is excluded -- so dealers here have a much harder time selling them.

Old 09-26-2005, 12:23 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Originally Posted by tcampb01
If that doesn't work, contact a dealer in the Detroit area. They don't sell as easily here because just about everyone who buys a Ford either (a) works for Ford or (b) has friends or family that works for Ford -- either way they get a discount on their new cars. Again, the FEH is excluded -- so dealers here have a much harder time selling them.

Not so. I got A plan on my FEH, which was a big part of the reason I got mine.

Not that it matters, there's only 80 FEH ever made over 2 years, so they're incredibly rare. 40 FWD, 40 AWD. When I got mine, I had what I wanted in mind, since there weren't any, I had mine made, with a minimal delay, and got an '06 to boot.

Old 09-26-2005, 01:08 PM
Megageek

Originally Posted by Pravus Prime
Not that it matters, there's only 80 FEH ever made over 2 years.
If you believe that, I have a bridge for sale too!

Old 09-26-2005, 01:43 PM
Enthusiast

wow that means 75% of ALL FEH owners found there way here thats pretty good

Quick Reply: FEH Availability

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands