Escape Hybrid Cargo Mats and Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 12:14 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Escape Hybrid Cargo Mats and Seat Covers

I have the grey interior fabric. Does the Scotchguard change the fabric color any? How long did it take to dry enough to use the seats? I agree about the material. My feeling is that some sort of velour (like what was in my old Subaru) would hold up better. I think Ford needs to learn a good deal from the Japanese about selling these things and I would be glad to let them know the things I am finding. I am coming off 13 years of Subaru ownership; maybe I am spoiled :-) Did anyone notice there is no place in the back to store jumper cables, or extra gloves, first aid kits, maps or the other odds/ends we like to take along? I carry jumper cables so I can help others, not because I will need them. If I have a flat, I sure would like some gloves to help manhandle the tire. The Japanese cars are much better designed for the convenience items, although Ford could have done worse. I can still feel the culture shock though.

Old 05-04-2005, 12:18 PM
Enthusiast

No, it did not change the color. I sprayed it at night and let it dry over night. The can says 6-12 hours. I then did it again the next night. I also used it on the carpet as well.

Old 05-04-2005, 12:24 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks. I will give it the kid test over the weekend.

Old 05-04-2005, 03:25 PM
Early Adopter

I bought the (expensive) Ford mats and they fit fine, as you would expect.

There is nothing available for the cargo area that will fit, the non-hybrid has a recessed floor, ours is flat. It ought to be simple to create, but with a market of at most 20000 units this year, will anyone take it up?

Old 05-05-2005, 05:59 AM
Active Enthusiast

Husky, at the Mats4Less.com web site, had rear cargo mats in three colors that specifically said they were for 2005 Escape Hybrids (HL2313 at that site). I ordered one, it has shipped, and I will post my results when it arrives. My dealer did not have anything in stock and I think these cost the nearly the same anyway. Mine were about $89 and I did not have to pay sales tax.

Old 05-05-2005, 12:32 PM
Early Adopter

Ah, at last! Do tell when you get yours how it fits.

Old 05-05-2005, 02:53 PM

Husky FEH cargo mats on on EBay (type in Escape Hybrid) have them "Buy It Now" for $59.99 and save $30.00. I got a complete set of factory workshop manuals for $111.00 shipped, no tax. Value list for $370.00 from Helminc.com.

Old 05-05-2005, 04:59 PM
Enthusiast

There are two styles of center consoles on the Escape/Tribute and Mariner. I have the cheaper and smaller unit that required no trimming.

Old 05-05-2005, 05:01 PM
Enthusiast

The Husky cargo mat fits fine, but its a different part number than for the standard Escape.

Old 05-05-2005, 09:57 PM
Early Adopter

Thanks for the lead, just placed an order with them. Flat rate shipping of $14.99 on an item that size is a good deal.

Quick Reply: Escape Hybrid Cargo Mats and Seat Covers

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands