Easy Being Green

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 04:53 PM
Duc
Stock Sucks
Default Easy Being Green

I have 50 of these made up, PM me if you would like one they are 4x6 oval.

Last edited by Duc; 12-19-2006 at 05:08 AM.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:49 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Easy Being Green

I like the bottom one myself.... but me thinks you may have some trademark issues with Jim Henson Productions if you are trying to sell these....

Old 12-13-2006, 08:00 AM
Duc
Stock Sucks

Originally Posted by Green Monster
I like the bottom one myself.... but me thinks you may have some trademark issues with Jim Henson Productions if you are trying to sell these....
Thought about that, I have friends who had issues with Honda selling stuff they made.
Going to make up 25 of them anyway, PM me if you would like one.
Clif

Old 12-13-2006, 01:16 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Just FYI, Ford has given "us" permission to use the hybrid logo on car decals on our FEH's. You can't use the Ford blue oval, or anything like that, but you can use the road leaf, and they won't mind.

Some people had discussed making up a larger hybrid badge, as was seen on the original FEH production prototype, and asked about it at the FEH Experience, where Ford told us it was OK to do so. We can do it ourselves, or buy from a gifted decal maker online, whatever. They consider it more important to get people to recognize the Hybrid logo than making sure no one is "stealing" it.

However, I'd ask anyone reading this that if they do make a decal, that it be tasteful. No need to take their freedom and run away with it.

Old 12-14-2006, 06:11 AM
Enthusiast

The key here is that anyone can make or use a trademarked Ford (or other manufacturer's) logo for their own personal use. It's only when you get into using a trademarked logo and actually attempt to sell it that you get into a potential legal issue.

Old 12-14-2006, 10:23 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I don't think you have to sell it in order for it to become an issue, it's also how it's used. If I create a web site and not charge anything to my visitors, I don't think I have the right to use their logo on my website, without permission. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. But if my usage is personal, then I don't think they will have an issue. So said sticker with any logo on it, can be printed and used by me.

Old 12-14-2006, 10:55 AM
Enthusiast

Livvie, I suspect you're right about the website useage too. I guess that once you use it on a website it's then been entended beyond just personal use.

Old 12-19-2006, 05:09 AM
Duc
Stock Sucks

Btt

Old 12-31-2006, 03:56 PM
Duc
Stock Sucks

Really no one wants one, not sure why but it surprises me the heck out of me.....
I have 48 of them left if you chg your mind PM me.
Clif

Old 01-03-2007, 11:17 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I run with only one sticker on my vehicle, and that's "STARFLEET ACADEMY". No need for a Kermie, cute as he may be.

Quick Reply: Easy Being Green

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands