DRIVE IT LIKE A FORD

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 05:55 PM
Default DRIVE IT LIKE A FORD

For almost forty years, I've driven Fords. There is no time like today when I can say, Drive It Like A Ford. I'm proud to own a Ford Hybrid and proud to be an American. The Ford Escape Hybrid is the beginning of Ford's future again.

Gary Gattis

Old 11-28-2005, 07:21 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: DRIVE IT LIKE A FORD

Hi GaryG:

___I agree with you 100%. I do hope Ford can get the sales numbers up (50,000 + units for break even and 70,000 + for profitability) and soon as Ford really needs to profit on the FEH/MMH yesterday, not tomorrow

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Old 11-29-2005, 12:31 PM

From my first Ford (a $25 '74 Maverick) to my most recent (and way too many in between to count), I have been a Ford man. I have never had bad luck with a Ford so I had no fears of buying the first model year Escape Hybrid.

I'm just glad it was Ford that came out with them. I would have been seriously torn if GM had a hybrid Blazer and I was on the outside looking in. Somehow I doubt GM would have got it as right as Ford did with the FEH.

Hope they keep it up.....

Old 11-29-2005, 08:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xcel
Hi GaryG:

___I agree with you 100%. I do hope Ford can get the sales numbers up (50,000 + units for break even and 70,000 + for profitability) and soon as Ford really needs to profit on the FEH/MMH yesterday, not tomorrow

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
I have been trying like crazy to get the newspiece with that statement from Ford, and have been totally unsucessful in finding it. Do you have it? TIA.

Old 11-29-2005, 08:16 PM

Hi Wolfman:

___Google 50,000, 70,000, Profits, Break Even, and Ford Escape Hybrid. I saw it 2 or 3 times about 3 or 4 months ago and saw it again just last week! Sorry I do not have a link this second.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Old 11-29-2005, 08:26 PM

Hi Wolfman:

___Dec. 2005 C&D … PATRICK BEDARD
About a year ago, when Ford introduced the Escape hybrid, I asked Steve Lyons about that; he's that company's head of North American sales. "At 50,000 units," he said, "we've got a business. At 70,000, we've got profits."
___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Old 11-30-2005, 01:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

My FEH is my first *New* Ford (only my 3rd new car). I am impressed with it and with Ford. I traded in a Civic Hybird for the FEH because I needed more room and if Ford continues to produce hybrids I will not likely switch away from Ford. I too hope to see the sales numbers rise, Bill Ford has said (in Fords latest magazine ad) that the plan is to produce 250,000 hybrids by 2007. Go for it Ford!!!

Old 11-30-2005, 02:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xcel
Hi Wolfman:

___Dec. 2005 C&D … PATRICK BEDARD
___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
Thanx!!!! I knew I read it somewhere, but couldn't remember where. Now I have the ammo I was looking for for an anti hybrid GM freak.

Old 11-30-2005, 08:07 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaryG
For almost forty years, I've driven Fords. There is no time like today when I can say, Drive It Like A Ford. I'm proud to own a Ford Hybrid and proud to be an American. The Ford Escape Hybrid is the beginning of Ford's future again.

Gary Gattis
I grew up on GM products. My Brother had a 65 Chevy truck. My dad a 68 and 76. Mom had a 70s Nova SS (mom rocks). After 1980 though GM went to heck and hasn't come back. GM actually had a Hybrid before the FEH was on the market, but it has no EV assist and it gets MAYBE 5% better gas mileage (from the engine off at idle).

I was a Jeep guy for a while (AMC until 87 then MOPAR). I have had 4 (86 XJ, 87 YJ, 89XJ and an 98 TJ) but the last new one I bought (98) was such peice of junk and the Dealer was so bad they have lost me for life. In 2002 I bought my first new Ford (F-250 gas) and loved everything about it except for the fuel economy. Then I got the FEH (Thanksgiving 05) and all has been bliss since.

I'm a ford guy now....(although that Malibu MAXX is tempting me...at 6'6" I can sit in the back seat...I am shocked...).

Chris Mendocino COunty Ca.

Old 11-30-2005, 08:42 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

My family has always been a Ford one, since my Grandfather was a Ford employee, and a family friend was a used Ford dealer. My first vehicle was a used '95 Explorer, and this is my second vehicle, a wonderous '06 FEH, which is 6 months old as of Dec 1!

Quick Reply: DRIVE IT LIKE A FORD

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands