Does Ford Fix Battery Blend Door or Fan Problem After Warranty Period?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 08:41 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Does Ford Fix Battery Blend Door or Fan Problem After Warranty Period?

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B004A2IJ...=2KKVRL3C3HDME Replace filter and drive it to see if fault reoccurs before replacing blend door.

Old 09-25-2017, 08:54 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Does Ford Fix Battery Blend Door or Fan Problem After Warranty Period?

Originally Posted by econoline
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B004A2IJ...=2KKVRL3C3HDME Replace filter and drive it to see if fault reoccurs before replacing blend door.
Thanks but the link is for the actuator ... I thought the "HV filter" was a separate part?

Old 09-25-2017, 09:28 AM

The filters are right below the blend door, same page, or just buy one at the auto parts store. You can tell if the filter is really dirty just by looking at it.

Old 09-25-2017, 06:59 PM
Enthusiast

The filters are right below the blend door, same page, or just buy one at the auto parts store. You can tell if the filter is really dirty just by looking at it.
Ah ha. I found the filter by watching this Youtube video:

Mine looks a little dirty but not crazy dirty. (See attached photo).

Running down to my local auto parts store to get a replacement now...

Do I need to reset the battery blend door code? Will ForScan let me reset it?

Attached Thumbnails Does Ford Fix Battery Blend Door or Fan Problem After Warranty Period?-img_5874.jpg  
Old 09-25-2017, 08:32 PM

That filter is pretty dirty. The arrows should point in direction of airflow. I don't know about Forescan but a Scangauge cannot reset this code afaik. It will reset itself after several days, probably based on number of engine starts or miles, I'm not sure. Mine did reset after the dirty filter was replaced.

Old 09-25-2017, 08:41 PM
Enthusiast

That filter is pretty dirty. The arrows should point in direction of airflow. I don't know about Forescan but a Scangauge cannot reset this code afaik. It will reset itself after several days, probably based on number of engine starts or miles, I'm not sure. Mine did reset after the dirty filter was replaced.
I guess whoever installed the filter last in my car got it upside down, cuz the arrows were pointing up, and the guy on Youtube said the air actually flows downward at that point.

They shouldn't have printed "UP" on the filter. They should have printed "airflow" next to the arrows!

Old 09-25-2017, 08:43 PM
Enthusiast

p.s. My yellow wrench light has been OFF for several days, but the blend door code had been stored on the PCM since I was able to pull the code yesterday. So I think there must be a way to clear the code....

Old 09-25-2017, 10:42 PM
Enthusiast

The owner's manual for 2008 FEH says arrows on the HV filter should point up.

Attached Thumbnails Does Ford Fix Battery Blend Door or Fan Problem After Warranty Period?-screen-shot-2017-09-25-10.40.13-pm.png  
Old 09-25-2017, 10:58 PM

The reference in step 3. is to the arrows on the filter cover, iirc.

Old 09-26-2017, 10:06 AM
Enthusiast

The reference in step 3. is to the arrows on the filter cover, iirc.
OK, I think you're right after all. Sorry for my confusion. Ford could've made this easier!

Ordered actuator & filter online.... It does seem like the rear fan in the back is turning on very often.

There's GOT to be a way to clear the code in the car's computer. I read somewhere that you can stomp on the gas pedal 3 times w/i 5 seconds with car ON (but engine OFF). Didn't work.

Quick Reply: Does Ford Fix Battery Blend Door or Fan Problem After Warranty Period?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands