Do you Zaino?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 11:05 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Do you Zaino?

Any Zaino users here? Which products do you use and what would you recommend for an Ice Blue MMH?

Old 11-30-2007, 12:55 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Do you Zaino?

What is zaino?

Old 11-30-2007, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by 08HYBRID
What is zaino?
http://www.zainostore.com/

Old 11-30-2007, 02:50 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have always used liquid glass. Pepboys sells it.

Old 11-30-2007, 08:58 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

No time for Zaino (which requires multiple coats.)

I love Meguiar's "NXT Generation" line. My dad (with his red Mustang GT) turned me on to it... and taught me the merits of clay bar usage.

Wish I had time to even do THAT, but lately I'm lucky if I get a shower that doesn't include my 8.5 month old in there with me.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:25 PM
Enthusiast

I could see using Zaino if I had a concourse condition classic car, but it seems a lot of work for a clear-coated 2008 vehicle.

On the other hand, I like the clay bars that Mother's sells. I try to "clay" my cars at least once a year. Meguiars has liquid wax products to finish the job with.

Old 12-01-2007, 02:39 AM

Protecting the car's finish is almost as important to me as protecting the engine. I want to use the best product (in the best way) that I can.
Plus, I would think that I could pick up an extra mpg or two with a vehicle that has a great wax job.

Old 12-01-2007, 06:52 AM
Thumbs up Re: Do you Zaino?

Originally Posted by nicst47
Protecting the car's finish is almost as important to me as protecting the engine. I want to use the best product (in the best way) that I can.
Plus, I would think that I could pick up an extra mpg or two with a vehicle that has a great wax job.
Maybe once you hit Warp 8.5, but until then I don't think you're losing that much to the drag of dirt particles on your paint. That said, I know where you're coming from -- I always joke that vehicles run better when they're clean--same way we humans tend to walk with a spring in our step after a good haircut, new suit or other nice outfit, etc.

Old 12-01-2007, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by GeekGal
Maybe once you hit Warp 8.5, but until then I don't think you're losing that much to the drag of dirt particles on your paint. That said, I know where you're coming from -- I always joke that vehicles run better when they're clean--same way we humans tend to walk with a spring in our step after a good haircut, new suit or other nice outfit, etc.
Good point. I like the haircut comparison.
It's just that I remember those UPS commercials where they wash their planes in order to save fuel and money. That has always stuck in my head.

Old 12-01-2007, 07:24 AM

Only poking fun... I'm no physicist. I have a feeling washing a jumbo jet saves fuel because it reduces the weight of the aircraft, the same reason why NASA stopped painting the Space Shuttle system's external tank (used to be white painted over the orange foam that now always falls off... hehe) to save weight--that much paint weighs, literally, tons--and thus, in their case, increase Orbiter payload capabilities (they're not worried about fuel economy, per se, just getting to orbit safely and reliably with the maximum possible payload.)

So, the bigger the vehicle, the more likely that washing (especially if the vehicle's REALLY dirty) would provide fuel savings... another example is, if you've ever watched Discovery's show "Dangerous Catch" about the Alaskan crab fishing fleet, when a storm moves in and the boats start icing over, the crew stop what they're doing to chip off all the ice before the boat capsizes (most likely result) or goes dead in the water from the excess weight.

Last edited by GeekGal; 12-01-2007 at 07:27 AM.

Quick Reply: Do you Zaino?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands