Completed 100,000km service 05 FEH

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 12:11 PM
Enthusiast
Default Completed 100,000km service 05 FEH

For those interested. I was given a $609CND quote by Ford sevice on my up coming service. This service with the exception of replacing the pvc valve is very doable for the DIYer. Service included changing engine oil/ filter, transmission oil, fuel filter, engine and mecs coolant change, replace engine and hybrid batt. filter. Called for spark plugs but I haven't replaced yet( very easy too). Cost me $130CND in parts. Best buy so far have been the service manuals I picked up on e bay. I'll see if I can talk to a Ford mechanic to see if there's a way to change the pvc valve without removing the intake manifold, what a stupid design.

when I changed out the fuel filter, I dumped out the remaining fuel that was in the filter. It had a rusty tinge to the gas. Couldn't believe the dirt. Escape runs smooth as silk now. I guess that's why I'll leave the plugs for now.

Last edited by peelman; 05-23-2010 at 04:45 PM. Reason: more insight
Old 06-26-2010, 01:19 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Completed 100,000km service 05 FEH

wow, nice job, handy man!

Old 06-26-2010, 02:08 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by peelman
....Best buy so far have been the service manuals I picked up on e bay.
Which manual would you recommend for routine servicing, or do they come as a set?

Old 06-26-2010, 04:06 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The eCVT does not require a fluid change at 62, 000 miles via the owners manual.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:01 PM
Enthusiast

Your correct Billyk. I couldn't find when to service the tranny in the owners manual, so I figured I would change it along with the coolant and fuel filter @ 100,000 km( Ford dealer mentioned the items in the op to do @ 100,000km) Nice round number anyway. Besides the fluid is cheap enough.

Last edited by peelman; 06-26-2010 at 07:05 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:15 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by econoline
Which manual would you recommend for routine servicing, or do they come as a set?
I couldn't find a routine service book like Haynes for the FEH. The Ford service manuals that I bought for $48 off ebay consisted of 2 workshop manuals, 1 power train manual, and 1 wiring diagram manual. to be honest the volume 1 workshop manual is all I needed. I'll leave the other stuff to Ford ( I know my limitations!!).

Old 06-27-2010, 05:53 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Just goes to show that dealers will usually recommend service well in excess of what the factory recommends. After all, service writers are commissioned just like the salesmen standing out front.
It's kind of funny when you pull out your owner's manual to a dealer service writer and point out what service Ford recommends at what intervals and ask them what's going on.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:16 AM
Enthusiast

I tried to have my fluid changed in the tranny but the dealer said it is a sealed unit and there is no fluid change. Does that sound correct? I just had my 120K mile service done, by the dealer unfortunately because I haven't picked up the manuals yet and I wanted them to update my firmware.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by rsbrown
I tried to have my fluid changed in the tranny but the dealer said it is a sealed unit and there is no fluid change. Does that sound correct? I just had my 120K mile service done, by the dealer unfortunately because I haven't picked up the manuals yet and I wanted them to update my firmware.
Honest dealer employee. No where in the Workshop Manuals says to change the eCVT transmission fluid. Some here do it and even change from the factory fluid. That may be voiding their warranty so I stick with manual and don't change it.

GaryG

Old 07-01-2010, 02:27 PM
Enthusiast

I tried to have my fluid changed in the tranny but the dealer said it is a sealed unit and there is no fluid change.
Same said for me when when I was in my first service, since then I did all by myself and recently when my Air Cond fail and I went to Dealership they told me that I have to change transm fluid every 50k km and It cost 200 CAD because they have to connect backflush machine to flush CVT backward and use 12L of fluid ???
So reluctantly I said Ok and after completion of service they charge me $80 and said that I am lucky my CVT doesn't has connection for that flush machine and they only drained fluid and replenished with new?... Also they recharged my Air/cond system, could not find any leaks and charged 350 CAD. Also recommended to change spark plugs, PCV, Gasket of inlet manifold, fuel filter, air filter, battery filter try to scare to lost warranty. They said some customer recently paid 12000 CAD for replacement of battery because he did not has records for battery filters changes.

Quick Reply: Completed 100,000km service 05 FEH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands