Check out it out! It's a hybrid!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 07:50 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Check out it out! It's a hybrid!

Originally Posted by cshupp
Was your escape repairable?
No, the repair estimate was 25,400.00. Geico took it to the salvage acution. I went to the same dealer in Woodbridge, VA they had 2 black fully loaded ones when I bought that one since it was only 2 weeks later they still had the other one so I got the one.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:20 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Luke1975
After I was in a roll over in my new FEH (437miles on it) I crawled out thought the window after I call 911 I noticed the auto headlight were still on and the front wheels were still spinning on battery power. I had to reach back in and turn off the switch.
If you didn't see my earlier post with picture of crash here it is again.
before crash http://picasaweb.google.com/fastfords/TheGreatEscape
after crash http://picasaweb.google.com/fastford...tSoGreatEscape

WOW.... I see the side curtains deployed when you rolled. It looks like you came out pretty decently. I take it you weren't seriously injured thankfully.

Old 11-06-2007, 12:18 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Luke1975
... and the front wheels were still spinning on battery power.
If your accident wasn't so serious, I would find that almost funny.

I have never thought much about the electric motors would not stall out, and stop, in a serious accident.

Old 11-12-2007, 11:51 AM
Active Enthusiast

HOLY CRAP! Glad you made it out ok...

Old 11-12-2007, 12:34 PM
Old Boomer Techie
Thumbs up Re: Check it out! It's a hybrid!

Originally Posted by cshupp
I think we should talk to the nice folks at scan gauge and make life easier for them. Here is what I want them to do… Create a wireless OBD reader and a large LCD screen displaying my AVG MPGs. This large screen should seal to the back of my SUV via a magnet. Think how easy it will be for all those that wish they were behind your wheel. Every time they see me accelerate they can watch it go from 37.4 to 37.3. Every time I coast they can watch it go from 37.4 to 37.5…
Cris
ROTFLMFAO. OMG, my ribs hurt! I have this fantasy every time some fool blows by me in his big crew cab or hummer. The only difference is that it is in my rear window on the lower left side and faces aft so that anyone following me and riding my bumper can see it .. large and very clear, and I want both average and instantaneous MPG, so they will get off my butt when I am up to speed at cruise (usually between 60 and 65 on a two lane rural road in a fir forest.