Changing First Screen On Navigation System

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Changing First Screen On Navigation System

Every time I start my Escape the navigation screen comes on to the screen where you have to hit the agree button. Most of the time, unless on a trip I don't look at the maps or navigation screens. Is there a way to make the radio or energy flow screen the first screen to appear?

Old 11-12-2007, 04:52 PM
Prof. of Hybridology
Default Re: Changing First Screen On Navigation System

That's unusual. The agree screen only comes on mine when I go to the Nav system, otherwise it starts out default in the radio/cd player screen.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:45 PM
Enthusiast

My 08 MMH does the same thing from time to time . Bet it's defective. I plan to find out when I take it in for routine service.

Old 11-13-2007, 04:44 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I think it goes directly into Nav mode, when you still have a route active. Basically, you haven't reach the destination yet, and the Nav system assumes you want to continue toward that destination.

After you press the "agree", is there a button to cancel or stop the current route?

Old 11-13-2007, 05:23 AM
08 MMH 4WD

If you have it on the Media menu when you shut down, it rarely appears.

If you have it on the NAV or even the Menu button looking at HEV screen when you shut down, you get the nag screen when you start the car again.

That's been my experience. As long as I have the Media screen on when I shut down, no nag screen when I start back up.

Old 11-13-2007, 07:55 AM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

I think Walt is right. I hardly ever use my Nav, and I never see that message. However, if you don't press "agree" in the 2005, it times-out and goes away on it's own if you leave it alone. I never timed it though.

Old 11-13-2007, 01:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

I was playing with the different screens today and I believe If any screen is on other than the media screen, it will start up at the navigation screen. When I stopped with the media screen on the display, it started back on the media screen. Thanks for all of your input to this situation.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:28 PM
Active Enthusiast

Mine is always in NAV also. I made sure no routes were active. If the routes were active the little woman in the Nav radio would be telling me something.

I havnt tried removing the NAV DVD to see if that makes a difference.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:11 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ICBMariner
If you have it on the Media menu when you shut down, it rarely appears.

If you have it on the NAV or even the Menu button looking at HEV screen when you shut down, you get the nag screen when you start the car again.

That's been my experience. As long as I have the Media screen on when I shut down, no nag screen when I start back up.
I agree with this. In the short time I've had my FEH, I too have the "agree" screen appear if I have it in the Nav or Menu mode. But when I had media on, I didn't get that screen. I guess that's the only way to override it.

Old 11-14-2007, 02:33 PM
Active Enthusiast

Does Ford ever update the Nav system software? Maybe there is a suggestion box somewhere.

Of course, with U.S. product product liability law being what it is, I'll bet Ford's lawyers will insist that disclaimer screen stay there.

Quick Reply: Changing First Screen On Navigation System

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands