Changes to the 2007 FEH

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 05:25 AM
Enthusiast
Default Changes to the 2007 FEH?

Hello Everyone,

Just out of curiosity does anyone know what changes were made in the FEH from 2006 to the 2007 model? I have an 07' model and I previously was introduced to the FEH with the 05' model when Ford did its promo tour. I had followed the FEH development only loosely afterward since I was interested in getting a hybrid SUV but until recently wasn't looking to purchase a new car. I haven't been able to find many in depth reviews of the 2007 model on the internet so if anyone could direct me to one I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Tyson

Last edited by TysonB; 06-19-2006 at 05:58 AM.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:15 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Changes to the 2007 FEH

There aren't many changes in the 2007 model year other than the $1,000 lower MSRP over the '06 model. 2008 is the model year that will see the first significant changes (design and otherwise) to the Ford Escape Hybrid.

Old 06-19-2006, 09:12 AM

I didn't know the '07s were already out there. I'll have to go to the dealer and test drive one. I know the '05 and '06 are almost identical except some minor differences in the software and some additional options such as running boards being available.

If you are anywhere near Boston, come on by and we can do a side-by-side-by side comparison between the '05, '06 and your '07.

By the way, how do you like it so far?

other than the $1,000 lower MSRP over the '06 model
This is great news other than the $1,000 hit we all take on the trade-in/resale value of our '05 and '06 models.

Old 06-19-2006, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by nitramjr
[Re: lower MSRP on '07s] This is great news other than the $1,000 hit we all take on the trade-in/resale value of our '05 and '06 models.
I won't be trading mine in or reselling in the next ten years. I'm still hanging on to my '92 Corolla; I don't part well with vehicles I've bought new.

I have a 2006 FEH, not a 2007, but I love love love mine. Photos of her are in the Share section here. She's loaded -- nav, moonroof, leather, etc. My first new car in 14 years.

Old 06-19-2006, 10:07 AM
Active Enthusiast

I test drove an 07 and the thing I noticed was that it had auto on headlights. I didn't see that option for the 06.

Old 06-19-2006, 11:26 AM
Enthusiast

The EPA mileage rating for 4WD is 1 MPH lower for city, at least that's what they posted on the web site. 33 to 32.

Old 06-23-2006, 08:20 AM

I saw what I believe is an '07 FEH near my office today. It was a kinda darkish red color that I don't remember seeing in the '05 or '06.

A couple things I noticed - the roof rack didn't have crossbars like the '05 and '06 have (or HAD in my case ) rather the racks were longitudinal with the car. I guess that gives a smaller cross-section into the wind for improved mileage. I'd still take them off if they are removable.

I also noticed 4 black circles in the rear bumper - one on each outboard corner and two closer to the center of the vehicle. Anyone have any ideas what they are? My only thought is it could be a backup warning sensor maybe. Do the '07 models have this as an option?

Other than that it looked identical to the first two model years.

The driver was lead-footed so I wonder what kind of FE she is getting.

Old 06-23-2006, 09:04 AM
Active Enthusiast

My 06 has those backup warning sensors.

Old 06-23-2006, 09:09 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nitramjr
I saw what I believe is an '07 FEH near my office today. It was a kinda darkish red color that I don't remember seeing in the '05 or '06.

A couple things I noticed - the roof rack didn't have crossbars like the '05 and '06 have (or HAD in my case ) rather the racks were longitudinal with the car. I guess that gives a smaller cross-section into the wind for improved mileage. I'd still take them off if they are removable.

I also noticed 4 black circles in the rear bumper - one on each outboard corner and two closer to the center of the vehicle. Anyone have any ideas what they are? My only thought is it could be a backup warning sensor maybe. Do the '07 models have this as an option?

Other than that it looked identical to the first two model years.

The driver was lead-footed so I wonder what kind of FE she is getting.
I'm not sure what red you mean, however I have an '06 with a failrly deep red (identical to GeekGal's so I don't need to post pictures!) that I have grown to like. I wanted the red with grey bumpers, but that's an old story now.

The black circles are likely the back up sensors. They came as part of the "premium" package with the '06 so I assume they are still available in the '07.

Cheers,

Roch

Old 06-23-2006, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by rcomeau
I'm not sure what red you mean, however I have an '06 with a failrly deep red (identical to GeekGal's so I don't need to post pictures!) that I have grown to like. I wanted the red with grey bumpers, but that's an old story now.

The black circles are likely the back up sensors. They came as part of the "premium" package with the '06 so I assume they are still available in the '07.

Cheers,

Roch
I think the one I saw was a slightly different red than Shannon's car but it's hard to tell by the photos. And I have never noticed a FEH with the backup sensors before so I never knew they were an option. I have the "stripped down" version.

The roofracks are definitely different though so I wonder if that will be the giveaway when picking out the '07 models.

The best thing is that there are more and more of these on the road all the time. It's no longer strange seeing them.

The "boss" has forbidden me from going to the local Ford dealership knowing if I test drive an '07 I'll probably buy it......maybe I'll just sneak over for a quick look .

Quick Reply: Changes to the 2007 FEH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands