Cargo liner idea

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 01:37 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Cargo liner idea

Part of the reason we bought a FEH was for my wife to take plants (in flats & pots), cut flowers & other craft products to the local farmers market during the summer/fall.

We might give this cargo liner a try - it looks like it could do the job of keeping things cleaner & it is fairly cost effective:

http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...51&cat=52&ap=1

H

Old 03-27-2008, 09:43 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Cargo liner idea

I got a husky liner for the floor mats and for the rear cargo area. I have them in my F-350 crew cab truck and love them they are more money but are ridged some what and have a generous lip to contain liquids.

They come in 3 colors so a close match is likely. They clean up with a damp cloth or a little 409. Very durable but more of a utilitarian look. Hey it is a truck after all so my wife likes them and that's what matters.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/se...Vh=2008%20Ford

Just another option. If you search you may find them even cheaper.

Old 03-27-2008, 05:50 PM
Feral Engineer

I just use one of the inexpensive blue tarps. It is flexible so I can cover rear seats folded down or just the space behind. And it was only a few bucks.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

Tom, the Husky liner is terrific for most day to day items ( groceries, golf clubs and the like ), but your idea of the blue tarp is an inexpensive home run for the other jobs like mulch from Home Depot ).

Old 04-01-2008, 03:12 AM
Active Enthusiast

I use the blue tarp with a sheet of visqueen underneath for added insurance. Both are inexpensive and fold up easy. I don't want to ruin the leather. Also have a Pendleton blanket on the back seat for the Chica (our pekingese/chihuahua mix).

Old 04-02-2008, 11:38 AM
Active Enthusiast

I went for the Husky liner and it paid for itself within two weeks when a large bottle of dish detergent cracked open on the way home from the grocery store.

Carpet is the only thing covering the battery compartment, so I'd highly recommend some sort of liner or tarp back there.

-todd.

Old 04-02-2008, 05:18 PM
Feral Engineer

Originally Posted by tommyball
I..................
Carpet is the only thing covering the battery compartment, so I'd highly recommend some sort of liner or tarp back there.

-todd.
Good point - when carrying liquids have a plan "B" .

Old 04-07-2008, 01:27 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tommyball
I went for the Husky liner and it paid for itself within two weeks when a large bottle of dish detergent cracked open on the way home from the grocery store.

-todd.
The battery is pretty sealed up so electrically I doubt much would happen

HOWEVER When I got mine... I had this horrible image of a gallon of milk spilling back there.... and then going rancid under the battery. And then how much it would cost to remove said, heavy battery to remove the stink that would ensue....

And therefore... I'd say a liner is very recommended in any case!

Old 04-07-2008, 03:30 PM

Cool. Never even thought about that. And as much stuff (beer, wine, soda, etc.) as I carry back there on grocery runs, that cargo liner sounds like a great idea, and pretty cheap for the function!!

Old 04-07-2008, 06:31 PM
Active Enthusiast

I got the husky liner, and I am very pleased with it. I also was afraid of somthing spilling down onto the battery.

Quick Reply: Cargo liner idea

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands