Cargo area mat

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 09:05 AM
Enthusiast
Default Cargo area mat

I'm considering buying a FEH. Concerned about the flimsy carpet in the cargo area. Have two active big dogs. Anyone having problems with the mat? It appears to come loose very easily. Any good replacements that would be compatible with dogs? Don't really want a mat with large lip border as that would be difficult for dogs. thanks.

Old 04-04-2006, 11:50 AM
Escape Hybrid Enthusiast
Default Re: Cargo area mat

Originally Posted by karlzuni
I'm considering buying a FEH. Concerned about the flimsy carpet in the cargo area. Have two active big dogs. Anyone having problems with the mat? It appears to come loose very easily. Any good replacements that would be compatible with dogs? Don't really want a mat with large lip border as that would be difficult for dogs. thanks.
Did a quick 'Advanced Search. Check out the Thread already started in 'Cargo area cntainment masts'

Old 04-04-2006, 12:10 PM
Enthusiast

There is a all weather cargo floor mat that you can get from the dealer, it's plastic and fits perfectly. If you spill water or sand on it, you can clean it easily.

Old 04-04-2006, 04:15 PM
Enthusiast

I got one from autoanything.com.
SKU: 1943426
Description: Husky Liners Cargo Liner 2006 Ford Escape Fits the Hybrid. It has a lip, but the material is fairly pliable. Should not be a problem for dogs.

I think it was about $69

George

Old 04-05-2006, 02:56 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

And of course you could always check out http://www.weathertech.com/

I have floormats from them and they are wonderful. I will be getting the cargo mat for the Prius and I'm certain of its quality and fit.

Old 04-05-2006, 03:56 PM
Enthusiast
Default Cargo area mat

I just ordered my Husky cargo mat from www.anythingauto.com for $69. No shipping charge, but they did charge taxes.

(Did you mean www.autoanything.com ?)

Last edited by Pravus Prime; 04-14-2006 at 06:00 PM.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:42 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I first bought the cargo area mat upon taking ownership of our '06 FEH. Arrived quickly and with instructions (it arrives rolled; lies flat quickly if you follow the instructions, and stays flat). Love it!

Loved it so much I went and bought front and rear Husky mats and I couldn't be more pleased. Perfect fit and great look and protection. Had 4 adults and all their gear on a roadtrip to Dallas and the Husky mats had dirt, leaves and tree pollen all over them when we got home. I was *so* glad that cleanup was a simple case of wiping down the mats and/or taking them out and shaking them off, rather than already having to spot treat the factory carpeting.

One note: If you have the NAV radio (in the '06 at least) you'll want to cut a small notch out of the mat lip for the front passenger's mat, because as shipped it slightly blocks the release of the 6-disc CD changer magazine. Easy to do and no biggie, though.

HIGHLY recommend buying from AutoAnything. Have had zero issues with them and they ship quickly (free!) and reward you with a $10 coupon good on a future purchase after 1-2 weeks of you having an item bought from them, if you supply a simple product rating and/or review.

Old 11-02-2006, 08:16 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karlzuni
Saw this posted on a TSB collection website. Relates to cargo area carpet in the FEH:

[ ]
[link to alldata TSB removed..no longer accessible]

[ looks like buying an aftermarket cargo liner is a good idea ]

Last edited by glennb; 08-16-2007 at 05:15 PM. Reason: remove link - no longer valid
Old 11-02-2006, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by nightracerx
..., it's plastic and fits perfectly. If you spill water or sand on it, you can clean it easily.
I know that for my dogs, one needs something they can "dig" their claws into, without causing permanent damage. Dogs tend to not like sliding around, such as on hard plastic, when in the back. Something that is like thick carpet works best.

Old 11-02-2006, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by glennb
Saw this posted on a TSB collection website. Relates to cargo area carpet in the FEH:
http://www.alldata.com/tsb/Ford/1159...9-1/61901.html
While trying to kill some time this evening while waiting for my kid's soccer practice to end, I pulled my cargo area carpet out. I wanted to see if I had the "newer" design as per the TSB. To my surprise, I seem to have an ever newer design than the one in the TSB, going by the P/N on it. My P/N started with a "7", which I think means it was redesigned, yet again, for the 2007 model year.

I was also surprised to see that there is a large hybrid symbol in the middle of the rear side of the carpet mat. I wonder if Ford was expecting us owners to flip the mat over, when we needed an easier-to-clean surface?

Quick Reply: Cargo area mat

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands