A/C Recharge?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2024, 03:11 PM
Enthusiast
Default A/C Recharge?

Is there anything special I need to know before recharging the refrigerant for the A/C in my 2007 Ford escape hybrid?

Old 05-29-2024, 10:57 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: A/C Recharge?

Nope. It's a standard system with a rear evap, so it may take a little more than you expect.

Old 05-30-2024, 03:51 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S Keith
Nope. It's a standard system with a rear evap, so it may take a little more than you expect.
Thank you.
Hey while I have your attention here I've read through several threads and I know you're quite knowledgeable... I just had one of my hybrid battery cooling fans go out & I'm wondering are there any other options than the stock fans? Like can I get a different motor and pair it with the fan housing? Seems ridiculous to me that a pair of little fans cost $500 when I can find way more powerful motors at a fraction of that price I just don't know if they'll pair up with the housing and/or be recognized properly by the computer and it's summer now so I don't have a lot of time for research...

Last edited by SoulSnatcher; 05-30-2024 at 03:56 AM.
Old 05-30-2024, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by SoulSnatcher
Thank you.
Hey while I have your attention here I've read through several threads and I know you're quite knowledgeable... I just had one of my hybrid battery cooling fans go out & I'm wondering are there any other options than the stock fans? Like can I get a different motor and pair it with the fan housing? Seems ridiculous to me that a pair of little fans cost $500 when I can find way more powerful motors at a fraction of that price I just don't know if they'll pair up with the housing and/or be recognized properly by the computer and it's summer now so I don't have a lot of time for research...
Not that I know of. I believe there's a thread around here where someone either repaired or replaced them with another option. You'll have to dig.

I don't recall ever paying more than $300, but it's ben awhile.

FWIW, they are some pretty powerful little bastids, and they must fit a specific form factor.

Old 05-31-2024, 12:52 PM
Enthusiast

@S Keith Ok. You never know until you ask... I'll try to find that thread.
Yes they even want like $450 on eBay for new ones (pair) now.

I can get a used one (single) for $70 it's just you never know if it'll last a day/month/year but they're not that hard to get to so I may go that route anyway.
Thank you for your time I know it's valuable.

Last edited by SoulSnatcher; 05-31-2024 at 12:54 PM.
Old 05-31-2024, 12:58 PM

Ouch... I haven't replaced any for a few years.

Old 05-31-2024, 02:39 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S Keith
Ouch... I haven't replaced any for a few years.
Ya everything's gone through the roof. I looked all over for that thread you mentioned but I couldn't find it. Closest I found was someone asking about using a different fan motor and the person telling them the motor he was referring to wouldn't push as much air so I guess I'm just gonna get the used fan for $70 and see how it goes.
Thanks again for your replies.

Old 05-31-2024, 03:35 PM