A/C Query

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 02:51 PM
Enthusiast
Question A/C Query

How cold should the A/C blow? Mine feels cool, but certainly not cold. Temp today is 95 with 57% humidity. I put a thermometer right on the vent and it got down to about 50 (a/c on max).

Old 07-18-2006, 03:04 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: A/C Query

Geez. You must live near me. lol With it being that hot, 50 is not too bad. You won't see much cooler than 45. Were you sitting still? An what blower speed were you using? The reason I ask is it will get colder while driving and you will get the coldest reading at the lowest blower speed. So if you got 50 on high blower speed, sitting still, that's great. I think I have a thermometer... I'll check mine to since we are in similar climates and post later.

Old 07-19-2006, 03:27 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks. Vehicle was sitting still and the fan was on the second position. The reason I am asking is my old car's a/c seemed alot colder.

Last edited by Brianva; 07-19-2006 at 03:33 AM.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:58 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

50F is pretty good. How old was your old car matters as well. If it was really old remember that it might have used Freon. New cars use a different material thats theoretically less damaging to the ozone layer... and less efficient as well.

Old 07-19-2006, 08:14 AM
Active Enthusiast

The Escape A/C is pretty crappy. Doesn't get very cool. It's a complaint I've read in magazines too.

Old 07-19-2006, 10:12 AM

If the A/C is working properly, it should freeze you out like mine will here in So. FL..
The FEH has much better A/C cooling than most cars I've owned. I've often wondered if it is because the compressor is sized to supply two systems.

If the A/C is not cooling enough, you've got a problem with something.

GaryG

Old 07-19-2006, 05:58 PM
Active Enthusiast

I checked mine today, it got down to 45F. But the rain down here cooled the outside temp a little bit. But that's pretty good. Also it's usually cooler out of the center vents. When we test A/C systems that is where we take the reading. Some people have posted a problem an o-ring failure resulting in loss of freon. You may have that going on.

Old 07-22-2006, 07:49 PM
Active Enthusiast

I know this thread is toast, but I'm just testing my signature, since I am computer illiterate.