Buzz noise at very slow speeds

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 12:39 PM
Feral Engineer
Default Buzz noise at very slow speeds

My 2007 FEH, 35,000 miles (and two weeks out of warranty) has started making a very short (1/2 second) buzz noise just before I stop, at about 2 mph or so. Sometimes it makes the same noise just as I accelerate at about the same speed. It sounds very similar in tone to the pump motor that one hears when the doors are unlocked. The sound seems to come from under the vehicle. No warning lights come on and braking feels fine. This is NOT an ABS event - it occurs on dry pavement. Ambient temperatures are currently in the teens in Michigan.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Old 02-06-2010, 02:55 PM
Feral Engineer
Default Re: Buzz noise at very slow speeds

0ver a hundred reads and no posts, so I must not have done a very good job of describing the problem. After driving it a while longer, I should correct to say the noise occurs more like about 10 mph. It occurs whenever you pass through that speed - either accelerating or decelerating. You can put it in neutral and slow down through that speed with the brakes on and it still makes that quick "zip" noise, similar to noise the brake motor makes.