Buying a Used Ford Escape

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 08:21 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Buying a Used Ford Escape

Originally Posted by stevedebi
I have my SG programmed to watch the 4WD. I've never seen it operate at highway speeds, although I suppose it could. I think the highest I've seen it run is at around 25 MPH.

The most interesting thing to me is that is always operates when pulling out from a stop, even when the weather is good. That is a lot different than other "AWD" systems I've owned, where the rear wheels only operate when the front wheels slip.
I've never seen it operate at highway speeds

It does operate at all speeds as shown in the photo:

Name:  awdengagedus29torque.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  118.1 KB

Old 10-21-2012, 05:51 AM
Imported from Detroit

Originally Posted by GatorJ
Nonsense...you are knowledge base challenged on this issue.
I'm a retired mechanic, so what are you?? The system is the same in a Hybrid or Gas version, maybe you didn't know that?

You may benefit as well from reading my old thread from '09 posted somewhere above.

Last edited by wptski; 10-21-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:07 AM
Imported from Detroit

Originally Posted by Billyk

If the road was dry hard pavement and not going downhill, there's something wrong. Either with the 4WD system or the fact that your using three SG's chained together. I've metioned this in the CleanMPG forum and I'm not the only person that thinks that this could cause a problem.

Back before a few KnowitAlls ran DesertDog/CarlD. from the forum, he had me use some command and out of nowhere came the 4WD response because it was one of the four shown at that time. I had to deselect it to run his command test. This leads me to believe that an SG-II can get confused.

No personal attack here but I'd try that with one SG and see what you get. You shouldn't see any rear wheel torque going that fast unless possibly coast downhill as I've seen just a few percent, not even sure if it should do it then either.

Old 10-22-2012, 02:18 PM

Well, I think my original post stands. I've never seen it run at highway speeds. How fast were you going?

Old 10-22-2012, 06:28 PM
Imported from Detroit

Well, I think my original post stands. I've never seen it run at highway speeds. How fast were you going?
I'm with you on this point. This is the second time that I've tried to get the point across.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:06 PM

The photo---see the radio portion--states 56mph.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:45 PM
Imported from Detroit

You have a problem then!

Old 10-25-2012, 09:57 AM

Ah, thanks. I specifically did not want NAV on mine, so I'm not familiar with the display. So it operates at speed? Well, at least some of the Ford advertising was right...

Old 10-25-2012, 11:54 AM
Imported from Detroit

Ah, thanks. I specifically did not want NAV on mine, so I'm not familiar with the display. So it operates at speed? Well, at least some of the Ford advertising was right...
Not so or at least it looks like a sunny day. Unless BillyK states that he was on snow, ice. an oil spill or possibly coasting downhill, it "shouldn't" engage at that speed. Has to be a demand like wheel spin or something.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by wptski
Not so or at least it looks like a sunny day. Unless BillyK states that he was on snow, ice. an oil spill or possibly coasting downhill, it "shouldn't" engage at that speed. Has to be a demand like wheel spin or something.
Some of the original advertising said it would engage at higher speeds "intelligently".

Quick Reply: Buying a Used Ford Escape

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands