Buy a new '05 FEH - Or Not?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 12:12 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Buy a new '05 FEH - Or Not?

Here's hoping Ford does do the '05 certification trip because I took the plunge and bought the '05. I'll take posession later today. The way I had it figured out there was absolutely no way the numbers would work. However, when the dealer came up with a good trade-in deal on my '03 F-150 AND 0% financing on the FEH I took it. Now, if Ford and the IRS get together on certification for the '05 I'll be overjoyed.

Has anyone in this forum ever contacted Ford directly about the certification deal?

Thanks one more time to everyone who posted with advice. I appreciate it.

Crusty

Old 05-15-2006, 01:27 PM
Enthusiast

Crusty,

Having seen this thread and purchased a new 05 in 06 myself, I emailed Ford today. I will post whatever reply I get.

Old 05-16-2006, 10:49 AM
Enthusiast

Excellent. Let us know what you find out from Ford about certification. And let me know if more e-mails would help. A tax credit would certainly be nice. So far I've been able to drive my FEH a whopping 12 miles, but already I'm trying to play every fuel-saving angle.

So here's another question: Has anyone on this forum looked into the NAV radio as an after-market addition? Does that make sense financially?

Old 05-17-2006, 12:54 PM
Enthusiast

Dear Patrick,

Thank you for contacting the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center regarding tax credits for the 2005 Ford Escape Hybrid.

At the Customer Relationship Center, we do not have information available regarding tax credits. For any inquiries regarding your vehicle please contact the Sales Department of your local dealership.

We consider the satisfaction of our customers one of our most important objectives. If you have any other inquiries or concerns, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to address them for you.

Sincerely,
Maria
Customer Relationship Center
Ford Motor Company
(na)
[THREAD ID:1-2WGU3A]

I responded asking who in the corporate section I could direct my question to, as the local dealers seem less than knowledgable about this.

Old 05-18-2006, 06:27 AM
Active Enthusiast

that was an abysmal reply, their customer service department should at least be able to send you in the right direction (and directing you to the local dealer is the absolute worst direction).

Old 05-18-2006, 08:17 AM
Active Enthusiast

It's just a form letter. An actual person may not have even seen it, there is software out there that scans emails and fires back the "appropriate" reply automatically, hoping that what's contained in the reply (often links to the company's FAQ page, etc.) will solve the issue. The reply is generally just an FAQ answer sent back as an email.

Keep trying, and it should eventually get you in contact with a real person (if they see that thread ID keep coming back).

Or, wasn't there a phone number given out at the Dearborn event that is supposed to get more direct access to the FEH customer service team? I thought I remembered that, but I can't seem to find it. Anybody? John?

Old 05-18-2006, 10:29 AM
Enthusiast

I'm going to send an e-mail to Ford Customer Service asking the same question about certifying new '05 FEHs for '06 tax credits. I guarantee my local dealer isn't the outfit that certifies. As randykato says, if the e-mails stack up, a real reply might be forthcoming. However, anyone have any idea if more than a scant handful of new '05s were sold in '06? Ah, maybe two or three e-mails on the same subject will qualify as a stack.

However, the salesman who sold me the '05 was quite excited that it was his first FEH sale. Glad I could give him some experience.

Though I've only gotten to drive the FEH about 50 miles so far (my wife seems bound and determined to become the first Hypermiler in the family) I'm liking it so far. I've also found that I'm working overtime to attempt to get better gas mileage in my '94 E150 van.

Now if I could just figure out some way to get everyone besides other gasoline conserving fanatics off the road!

Old 05-22-2006, 02:38 PM
Enthusiast

Yet another unsatisfactory '05 Tax credit reply from Ford. Next step - a phone call, I suppose.

Dear Jim,

Thank you for contacting the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship
Center regarding possible tax credits for the purchase of your 2005 Ford
Escape Hybrid.

To directly assist you with your request, we recommend that you contact
the Sales Manager at your selling dealership as they are in the best
position to answer any questions you may have. Ford and Mercury dealers
have access to the most up-to-date information on tax credits and perks
for Escape Hybrid and Mariner Hybrid customers.

We consider the satisfaction of our customers one of our most important
objectives. If you have any other inquiries or concerns, please feel
free to contact us and we will be happy to address them for you.

Sincerely,
Alice
Customer Relationship Center
Ford Motor Company

Old 05-22-2006, 09:58 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Thats hysterical! (sorry not laughing at your misfortune--its a bitter laugh). From what I've seen if the dealers have access to the latest information... they sure as heck aren't taking any advantage of it. Most of them know less than the customer that is coming in to buy a hybrid.

Old 05-23-2006, 08:56 AM
Enthusiast

Yep, it was funny in a pitiful sort of way. Later in the week, when I have more time to be on hold, I will give Ford customer service a call. Most hybrid owners know much more about the vehicles than the dealers. I'm not whining about that, but a fact is a fact.

Does anyone here know anything about the certification for tax credit process?

Quick Reply: Buy a new '05 FEH - Or Not?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands