Brake Pedal Travel Calibration?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 03:35 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Brake Pedal Travel Calibration?

About a month ago I had the 12v battery disconnected briefly. Now I'm getting a recurring wrench light for incomplete calibration of the brake pedal travel, I don't have the DTC in front of me right now. I've tried the calibration procedure I've used in the past but it just won't clear now, no effect on FEH operation that I can notice.

Can someone remind me of the official procedure for pedal travel calibration? Thanks guys.

Old 05-17-2020, 06:26 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Brake Pedal Travel Calibration?

i know there is a relearn procedure for every time the battery (12 volt) is disconnected for my 09 FEH - dont know if is the same for your 07.
after reconnecting the battery, first thing is to gently push down on the brake pedal before doing anything else.
I push down once and let it come back up and push down again.
i dont know what that relearn (as it called) is for though - perhaps just what you are experiencing.

Old 05-21-2020, 02:10 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Brake Pedal Travel Calibration?

Originally Posted by fglaustin
after reconnecting the battery, first thing is to gently push down on the brake pedal before doing anything else.
I push down once and let it come back up and push down again.
Thanks, that's what I've done over the years, but this time it won't clear the code. I'll try to locate my shop manual and post the official procedure here if it's any different.