Brake Failure

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 07:56 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Brake Failure

Originally Posted by annied
LOL, thanks for the explanation. Makes sense now. I am not just a car idiot but also new to chat forums .
They never even asked if I needed a rental car! I will go by today and if there still is no progress, someone will get to hear my frustration. This whole situation is so bad, it's almost comical.
He's right... you should get a rental. But some dealers are a bit "lax" about pointing that out.

If this dealer doesn't "cut it" look for another one... there are good ones out there. I mean for future service... its a bit of a pain to change mid repair.

My dealership, believe it or not, gives me a free rental car even when I get an oil change! I doubt many of them do, but this one does. Probably why its been in business in the same location since 1912.

Old 05-09-2008, 02:27 PM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

When I took mine in for the PCM failure it took them a week just to figure out what was wrong. I had even told them what was wrong but they had to call Ford 4 or 5 times. Then another week to figure out they needed both keys to program the new PCM. I took it in stride because I know how difficult these cars are and how different they are to diagnose the computer systems. I still think its the best purchase I have made in a LONG time. I would not hesitate to buy another. Remember you are driving the NEXT generation automobile.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:18 PM
Enthusiast

Mark, I would give them a break if they actually were working on it, but they are not! I went in today in person and they told me some lame story about being too busy, blabla. I understand being busy but then they should have said that right away and I would have taken the car somewhere else. There were two guys just standing around. They looked at it Monday and Ford called them right back with the procedures to go through. today is Friday! Oh and they said they'd give me a rental but I would have to pay for it since I didn't buy the car from them. Oooh, I was so pissed. Well, they have the car on the schedule for Monday, we'll wait and see until then, if they are still blowing smoke after that, I'll call Ford and tell them my lawyer will handle it from here.

Old 05-09-2008, 10:40 PM
Enthusiast

It was the 12 Volt- I left my cooler plugged in. Then I found out
that you can jump-start your 12V from the NMH batteries-wow.
Havent had to do that yet...

Still trying to get someone to pay attention to the fact that the regen
"sound" before starting the car is way off, something is definitely failing-
the dealer had the gall to leave me a message today saying I am getting a survey in the mail,
and they are going to get an earful, believe me.

Last edited by Reed V; 05-09-2008 at 10:46 PM. Reason: more info
Old 05-10-2008, 07:18 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Reed V
It was the 12 Volt- I left my cooler plugged in. Then I found out
that you can jump-start your 12V from the NMH batteries-wow.
Havent had to do that yet...

Still trying to get someone to pay attention to the fact that the regen
"sound" before starting the car is way off, something is definitely failing-
the dealer had the gall to leave me a message today saying I am getting a survey in the mail,
and they are going to get an earful, believe me.
Actually, you can jump start the NHM battery from the 12V, not the other way around. If your 12V is dead, you have to get a jump from another 12V.

Old 05-11-2008, 10:27 AM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

There were two guys just standing around
Not to come to the aid of this Dealer, Ford requires that the techs be 'hybrid certified". Most mid size dealers only have 1 or 2 and they are also their "high tech" diagnostic techs. That said I would call Ford and see if they will get you a rental, the dealer wont because they dont have the authority. Also I'll bet this dealer didnt have any hybrids to sell when you bought yours

Old 05-11-2008, 10:37 AM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

Huh?

I bought my FEH from a Calif. lot, and I live in Colorado.

The very first time I went to the Colorado dealer, I got a rental car FREE with no questions asked, and no hassle.

Your entitlement to a rental car, during the 3 yr / 36,000 mile warranty period should apply nation-wide. You also get FREE roadside assistance during this period.

Or at least you did in 2005.
Did the rules change?

FWIW, I got a FREE rental car at 55,000 miles since I had ESP... extended service plan.

Old 05-11-2008, 08:26 PM
Enthusiast

Actually, this is a Mercury dealer. Ford's Roadside Assistance chose them over the Ford dealer in town (weird..). I trusted their judgment. I never even looked at their lot, 'cos I was looking for a Ford. I know they had two Mariner Hybrids last week. My friends bought a Mariner from them and had nothing but praise for the sales dep and the Service dep. I guess I just caught them in a bad week. Apparently they are just extremely busy. I just wish they would have told me that instead of promising they'd get to my car the next day. I don't need a rental car. I have my truck that runs fine (15 mpg thank you very much!). But if you factor the extra gas for the truck into this whole mess, I almost wish they had given me a rental car. It just pisses me off that they did not even offer when they are holding my car for a week and I am entitled to a rental. We did contact Ford several times already. They were supposed to let us know whether or not they are buying the car back. My hubby has talked to them, so I can't say exactly what he was told. If this keeps dragging on, something needs to change. Rental car being the least.
I will also contact the dealer that we bought the car from again to see what they have to say.
Ridiculous situation.

Old 05-12-2008, 12:07 PM
Enthusiast

So, I just got a call from the shop, they actually did check out my car today! A miracle! Anyways, he said it was a loose wire connection, they tightened it all up, test drove the car and it runs fine. I asked him to perform hard stops to trigger the ABS like Mark suggested, and to see if they can recreate the problem. He said he will do that and then give me a call back with the results.
Wish me luck!

Old 05-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Is it just me or does it seem that bad grounding has been the cause of many of the warning lights/issues?

Does anyone have a list of the grounding points that are in question here? I think I'd like to check mine BEFORE any troubles.

Quick Reply: Brake Failure

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands