autolamp

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 10:47 PM
Enthusiast
Default autolamp

I want to install the autolamp feature on my 2006 FEH. I have a functioning WDS Scantool and bought the autolamp headlamp switch (on the turnsignal).
The vehicle is equipped with a light sensor so that the key fob activates the interior lights at night. One person has told me the Smart Junction Box may need to be changed or reprogrammed.The WDS does not list activating autolamp as an option on my SJB. Do I need a different SJB? If I do, how do I determine which one. My local Ford parts man tells me he can only identify SJBs by the vin. In other words, I have to give him a vin of a car with the autolamp option in order find the part number of the junction box that is programmed for autolamp. The SJB costs over $200. I have also been told it might be possible to reprogram my SJB but that might require a download from Ford. Does anybody know anything about this?
Ed

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands