any Modifications for FEH?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 11:27 AM
Enthusiast
Default any Modifications for FEH?

Are there any Modifications for the FEH to help FE? I am new to this board. This is a great place to learn. Great site. I will now try to drive my FEH the correct way.

I have been geeting 31mpg in the North GA.

Old 05-29-2006, 01:28 PM
Megageek
Default Re: any Modifications for FEH?

Here's what I've done: (Not really mods, just tweaks)
  • Removed roof rack crossbars. I do alot of highway driving and this helps a little.<
  • Installed ScanGuage. I don't have the Nav system so this helps me see what's going on and improves my driving for max efficiency.<
  • Inflated tires to 44PSI. Lots of debate on this, so only inflate them as much as you are comfortable with.<
  • Park in shade whenever possible in the warmer months. This reduces (or eliminates) the load on the AC when I get in to drive away. I also use a windshield shade when I there's no shade to park in and I have vent visors installed so I can leave the windows cracked and not worry about the rain.<
  • Shift to 'L' when in town. This lets the ICE shut down when below 40MPH<
What it all boils down to is that your driving style has the biggest impact on FE, so for me, the biggest gain has been from using the ScanGauge to monitor instantaneous MPG.

BTW, welcome to the forum!

Old 05-29-2006, 03:28 PM
Enthusiast

thanks, and I am happy to be here

Old 05-29-2006, 03:47 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I was able to modify the Borla stainless steel cat-back exhaust system from my 2002 V-6 to fit my Hybrid. I would anticipate slightly better ICE performance and gas mileage once the truck's computer catches up with the change. Pus, it looks a lot nicer.

Old 05-30-2006, 11:28 PM
Enthusiast

Gatorj:

I've been thinking about installing the Gentex rearview mirror. Could you describe the auto diming feature, and do you think it works well?

Thanks in advance,
Dennis

Old 06-01-2006, 10:30 AM
Enthusiast

'Shift to L when in town'

I never heard of this before? Is this written up somewhere or from experience? What is the impact on the engine for everyday off highway usuage. Any ideas?

Old 06-01-2006, 01:15 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Originally Posted by haskellf
'Shift to L when in town'

I never heard of this before? Is this written up somewhere or from experience? What is the impact on the engine for everyday off highway usuage. Any ideas?

You haven't read the FAQ, have you?

Section II, Question 3, Answer 2. https://www.greenhybrid.com/learn/ar...faq.html/page4

Old 06-02-2006, 02:07 PM
Enthusiast

Yup, your right. But I have now and I have to say I'm soooo glad I found about the 'L' shift. I thought it was only for steep ascends and decends, now I know better.
Thanks and sorry about that