Am radio Noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 07:05 AM
Enthusiast
Unhappy Am radio Noise

I purchase a 2006 FWD Hybrid escape. I have only experience one annoying problem with this SUV, When I listen to AM radio a annoying static is present when the SUV is stopped and the transmission is set to either "D" or "L", However when the transmission is put in N or P or when I travel over 40 MPH the annoying static on the AM radio band goes away, I took the truck back to the dealer but they had no service advisories that interference issue. I'm just wondering if any other escape Hybrid owners are experiencing this. To me its not such a big issue, only since I listen to AM radio for news & traffic updates + I'm looking into replacing that factory radio for a Aftermarket Kenwood HD Radio...

Old 07-09-2006, 08:06 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Am radio Noise

Rob,
I hear you. I notice definite AM interference. When I am moving it is fine. When I am stopped with the brakes applied then the interference is greater. Fortunately I don't listen to AM that often. On my morning commutes mainly and I leave so early I usually don't have a lot of stop and go.

Good luck and let me know if you find a resolution.