Acquired escape hybrid with bad crank shaft

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2022, 10:45 PM
Enthusiast
Default Acquired escape hybrid with bad crank shaft

I got a 2008 Ford escape hybrid with a bad crank shaft through a trade that made the thing close to free. I have done zero diagnostics on it but that's what the guy told me. I did start it up and put it on my car hauler because i figured I'd likely just throw a used eBay engine in it if it's worth doing. I mean if i could get this thing going for the price of a used engine+labor then it's well worth it to me. There was some thudding noise when I started it and it immediately died and gave me the triangle of death when I applied the brakes. Any thoughts out there on if this is worth my time and money?

Old 04-21-2022, 07:17 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Acquired escape hybrid with bad crank shaft

Read the codes out and it will help you find what's wrong. If its engine or the battery by itself its probably worth it. Both together probably not.