6 Disc CD Player Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 04:55 PM
Enthusiast
Default 6 Disc CD Player Problem

I have a new 2006 FEH and yesterday I had a problem with my six disk CD player. I loaded 6 new CD's into the CD cassette and started to listen to one of the CD's. When I hit the button to change to play one of the other disk, I got a CD error message and the system switched to radio. I have tried to eject the CD cassette but it won't eject. I made an appointment to take into service this week, but has anyone else had this problem.

The CD player appears identical to the one my GF has in Mercedes and she has never had a problem with her system.

Old 02-09-2006, 05:04 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 6 Disc CD Player Problem

I had similar problems with the in dash 6 CD changer that came in my '05. Dealer said to bring it in and they would change it out. They are a crappy design and I think the problems are common. I yanked the stereo myself and put it into an '04 I traded in for the '06. The '04 system is much better, IMO.

Bring it in - I'm sure they'll just replace it.

Old 02-11-2006, 12:13 PM
Enthusiast
Default 6 Disc CD Player Problem

So far not so good. I went to my Ford dealership on Friday and they removed the 6 Disc CD player and told me I can have a replacement installed on
Saturday. Well I drove to the dealership today and the parts facility delivered the wrong device. They delivered the in-dash CD player instead of the under the seat model. The dealership is suppose to call me on Monday and let me know when the correct model has arrived and can be installed in my FEH.

Old 02-11-2006, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mike M
So far not so good. ..They delivered the in-dash CD player instead of the under the seat model.
Bummer. Maybe they'll get it right the second time....

I have't had a CD in either of mine in a couple months since I found this cool little gadget that plugs into the cigarette lighter and plays MP3 files off a USB memory stick. It broadcasts over an FM channel at the left end of the dial (87.7-89.1). It was around $30 and I get hours of music on a 512 MB chip.

No need to clutter the car with CD's now.

Old 02-11-2006, 08:35 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

So give the details of the little gadget, please!

I'm not typically a fan of FM transmitters, but for $30 all-in-one, it's worth a shot!

( I already have several UBS pocket drives just sitting around most of the time )

Thanks.
-John

Old 02-12-2006, 07:08 AM

So give the details of the little gadget, please!
It is just a cheapo FM transmitter - plug it into the power port, insert a USB thumb drive loaded with MP3 (think it does other formats too) files, tune into any of the 7 FM channels from 87.7-89.1 MHz with no local signal on it and off you go.

I got mine at Target and figured it wouldn't work worth a **** but I was wrong. It actually has a pretty good sound, especially when the MP3 is from a clean source. Some of the ones I downloaded off Napster way back when are a little noisy but they weren't clean to begin with.

Only drawback to this thing is it will only play the tunes in the order they were copied to the chip, you can't shuffle. But it does have a skip button so I just jump ahead to where I want to start.

In most cases the signal is strong enough to overcome any local radio station - I use 87.7 from my house to work which includes going through downtown Boston.

Old 02-13-2006, 02:48 PM
Active Enthusiast

Mine just stopped in the same manner yesterday. Has 5 cd's in it.

Won't spit any out, won't let me put any in. AND won't play any either....

Dealer says he has to pull the unit to get the numbers so he can order the proper part. SO, Two trips to do one r&r on a ding dang radio.

Mark Mooney

Old 02-13-2006, 07:18 PM
Enthusiast

Hmmmm, this is more than a coincidence. Sounds like inferior equipment installed by ford. I wonder how many other folks have had the same problem with their FEH CD players?

Old 02-13-2006, 07:56 PM

I remember a similar problem on my '05 non-hybrid but I think it went away after a few days. At the time, I thought it more a problem with the disk than with the player. Anyway to eject the disk (like in a laptop) and try another disk?

Old 02-14-2006, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by MMooney
Mine just stopped in the same manner yesterday. Has 5 cd's in it.

Won't spit any out, won't let me put any in. AND won't play any either....

Dealer says he has to pull the unit to get the numbers so he can order the proper part. SO, Two trips to do one r&r on a ding dang radio.

Mark Mooney
What a load of crap that sounds like. Using your VIN they should be able to tell exactly what system came with the vehicle. Besides that, they probably already know which system it is because it sounds like every one of these 6-CD in-dash player has broken at one point or another.

I know for fact that the 6-CD player from an '04 Escape works quite nicely in an '05 FEH and that a defective player from an '05 FEH worked well enough in the '04 to get traded in. The '06 system and the '05 are identical so they should be able to find one that works for you no problem - takes about 30 seconds and a $2 tool to pull one. They could/should have it waiting for you when you get there - the 1st time.

Quick Reply: 6 Disc CD Player Problem

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands