4WD and the FEH

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 05:14 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 4WD and the FEH

Don't feed the troll. He does not own a FEH and has no intention of owning one. He merely wants to toss out his opinions and theories on how the vehicle operates and criticize it or things he does not have any documented proof of. He has admited his son has FE but it is not an escape. Replying to his idiotic posts merely helps inflate his already over extended ego.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:50 AM
Imported from Detroit

Originally Posted by Green Lantern
Don't feed the troll. He does not own a FEH and has no intention of owning one. He merely wants to toss out his opinions and theories on how the vehicle operates and criticize it or things he does not have any documented proof of. He has admited his son has FE but it is not an escape. Replying to his idiotic posts merely helps inflate his already over extended ego.
I don't own a FEH either! That seems to be a issue here, if you don't own a FEH then you shouldn't post. Do all posts have to be positive?

What??? His son has a FE but it's not a Escape!!! What's a FE that's not a Escape????

As far as ducumented proof goes, one can point right to what a workshop manual states and it's still ignored.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:57 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wptski
I don't own a FEH either! That seems to be a issue here, if you don't own a FEH then you shouldn't post. Do all posts have to be positive?

What??? His son has a FE but it's not a Escape!!! What's a FE that's not a Escape????

As far as ducumented proof goes, one can point right to what a workshop manual states and it's still ignored.
LOL...fair enough. Oh, and yes, that was a typo, I meant to say it is not a hybrid.

I certainly don't think everything has to be positive but in reading that poster's comments I find them to not be productive in the least. Do what you want then and have a great day!

Old 10-02-2009, 08:49 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wptski
Not talking about a new design just what this one does.

Well, if the ATC starts to heat up, it goes into locked mode and if it still heats up more, it disables it. Just what you said.
Agreed, talking only of the ATC that has the temperature sensor and driver warning indicator.

"...it disables it..."

That's not the way I "read" it. The indicator gets illuminated and the driver is expected to pull over and allow the ATC to cool. But yes, it may be disabled at that point but the "fact" of its just previous hard/continuous use would connotate that the driver should not, would not wish to, proceed with the ATC disabled.

If the ATC temperature continues to rise with it fully, firmly engaged, then it should be clear that the ATC is being "abused", being asked to perform beyond its design parameters.

On the other hand if locking it results in the temperature declining or "holding" then where is the next stress point in the design, what component is now absorbing the driveline "windup" HEAT...?

The PTO/PTU...??

Old 10-02-2009, 08:57 AM

Makes one wonder how many engineers on the Ford FEH design team do not actually own and drive an FEH and therefore would not have valid opinions as to its use or function.

Or how about all the Ford "certified" mechanics/technicians in the field worldwide that work on FEH's on daily basis but yet do not own one.

Book learning....USELESS...!!

Old 10-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Imported from Detroit

Originally Posted by wwest
Agreed, talking only of the ATC that has the temperature sensor and driver warning indicator.

"...it disables it..."

That's not the way I "read" it. The indicator gets illuminated and the driver is expected to pull over and allow the ATC to cool. But yes, it may be disabled at that point but the "fact" of its just previous hard/continuous use would connotate that the driver should not, would not wish to, proceed with the ATC disabled.

If the ATC temperature continues to rise with it fully, firmly engaged, then it should be clear that the ATC is being "abused", being asked to perform beyond its design parameters.

On the other hand if locking it results in the temperature declining or "holding" then where is the next stress point in the design, what component is now absorbing the driveline "windup" HEAT...?

The PTO/PTU...??
The FE/FEH manual talks about ATC temperature but doesn't appear to have a sensor or indicator.

Old 10-02-2009, 11:06 AM
Imported from Detroit

Originally Posted by wwest
Makes one wonder how many engineers on the Ford FEH design team do not actually own and drive an FEH and therefore would not have valid opinions as to its use or function.

Or how about all the Ford "certified" mechanics/technicians in the field worldwide that work on FEH's on daily basis but yet do not own one.

Book learning....USELESS...!!
Great point!! Only a FEH owner has all the answers, right? That's in the purchase price, I guess.

Old 10-02-2009, 11:54 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hahaha...got to love the mutual admiration society! Enjoy boys!

Old 10-02-2009, 03:14 PM
Active Enthusiast
Cool Re: 4WD and the FEH

Hahaha...got to love the mutual admiration society! Enjoy boys!

Trust me when I say the constant break from the topic and "banter" is good for a laugh. I just sit back and read. Can't say I'll go the GaryG route and not post but I know he still reads, and most likely getting a good laugh too.

Old 10-02-2009, 04:49 PM

Man, I'm glad this forum has the "ignore" feature. I don't mind posts by people who don't own an FEH, I DO mind posts by people who post inaccurate information but present it as fact. After the first couple of such posts, it is OK; after many, many posts, the person goes on my ignore list. At the moment there is only one such person in my list.

Quick Reply: 4WD and the FEH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands