2010 FEH Parking lights won't go all the way off

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 09:14 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default 2010 FEH Parking lights won't go all the way off

I have a strange occurrence to report: Last night as I was snowblowing the driveway I noticed I had left the parking lights on. But when going to turn them off I discovered that the switch was already off (and no key in the ignition). I tried everything I could think of: Turning the switch to all settings (wherein I discovered that the proper setting for parking lights turned them on brighter than what they were when "off") I tried activating the key fob, reclosing all doors and the tailgate (both glass and the liftgate), starting the engine, checking the dash readout and going thru the info/reset system checks .... nothing made a difference or provided any clues to the problem.
This affects a bulb in each tail light, 2 bulbs for the license plate and 4 bulbs (2 on each side) on the front end lights -- 8 bulbs total and all burning about 1/3 usual brightness. Everything else worked normally best I could discover.

I gave up as it was blowing hard and snowing. In the morning I looked out and they were still dimly lit. By the time I got outside (we'd been severely dumped on by the snowstorm) the 12V battery was dead enough so most things were not working including all interior lights and no parking lights at all -- altho the dash lit up. I put on my battery charger and immediately the parking lights lit dimly again. After an hour I tired starting the vehicle and it came right to life, parking lights remained dimly lit. I left the battery charger on for a few hours and later realized the parking lights were fully off. Huh? They've been off ever since.

Any ideas out there in the FEH world??
Thanks.

Last edited by RiverRat37; 12-30-2012 at 09:17 PM.