2010 FEH No Start - Stop Safely Now

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2022, 04:47 AM
FEH owner
Post 2010 FEH No Start - Stop Safely Now

It happens that I'm working on a 2010 FEH that won't start and shows "Stop Safely Now". The car is has been sitting for two years since the problem first occurred and both a local mechanic and the dealer have taken a crack at getting the car started. The dealer said that the problem was either a bad hybrid battery ($6000 to replace) or a bad transmission control module (also $6000 to replace). The local mechanic tried to charge the battery because the scan showed 0 Soc. , but I'm skeptical of the technique used because over period of a week I kept calling him and he kept telling me that the battery was on the charger and the Soc was gradually coming up. He was unable to get the car running. So I decided the battery was suspect even though Forscan shows 314V. I have installed wire leads to the interlock relay as shown by SKeith (Thank you very much Steve. You are my hybrid battery mentor) and I have verified battery voltage at 314V. Let me add the codes that I'm getting:
a) P1A10 Disable HV battery

b) P1A14 Disable transmission
c) P0A0A High Voltage system Interlock Circuit
d) B2141 Non-Volatile Memory (NVM) configuration failure — No PCM ID stored in PATS

Here is screenshot:

So I have more or less ruled out the traction battery and am looking into the "no PCM ID known to PATS module" code (P2141). Using Forscan I looked at pids in IC (instrument cluster) module and there was indeed no PCM ID stored. I also scanned the IC module in a fully functioning 2010 FEH and it showed that a PCM id is present. I show screenshots below:

IC module pids from 2010 FEH with start problem:

IC pids from normal running 2010 FEH

I have attempted erasing and reprogramming keys, initializing and resetting PATs module with no success. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this problem. I am thinking that the PCM may be corrupted. The "Module Experts" https://moduleexperts.com, will recondition my PCM for $200 and I'll probably go that route, but am looking for second opinions. Thanks in advance for consideration and help with this problem.

Old 09-15-2022, 05:50 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2010 FEH No Start - Stop Safely Now

Sounds like you need to program your pats module and then your car will start. Mine wouldn't start because it only had 1 key programmed.

Old 09-15-2022, 06:41 AM
FEH owner

Thanks Shady. I run into a problem when I try to "Program" the PATS module. Here are the options available with Forscan:

I can gain a timed security access (pain in the ***), but cannot complete the module initialization. There is nothing else that looks like "PATS programming". Also, I don't know the location of the actual PATS module except that it may be in or connected to the IC (instrument cluster). Is it possible to remove the module and send it off to be reprogrammed?

Old 09-16-2022, 05:12 AM

Check in module programming as builts. Not sure you can send it off to be set up rather than repaired.

https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1500

Old 11-28-2022, 06:38 AM
FEH owner

Regarding B2141 "There is no PCM identification known to PATS module"

Thanks for help Shady Escape. I have been reading most new and updated threads as they occur and am impressed by the knowledge and willingness to share it that members of forum possess. I looked at possibility of doing the programming of the PCM myself using the "As Built" data available, but for various reasons I elected to send the PCM off to Module Experts. After a few days and $150 Module Experts told me that their technician could not "communicate with the PCM and that I could buy a reconditioned PCM for $800 plus. I have the PCM back and I can connect to it fine with Forscan. I am wondering if anyone has had experience with purchasing a reconditioned PCM and who they might recommend.

Old 12-08-2022, 04:40 AM

I would just take one from a junk car on the cheap or buy on ebay. $800.. holy crap.

Old 02-02-2024, 12:12 PM
Enthusiast

Looking for any help on figuring out what possible items I need to check with a code P0A0A-60. 2010 Escape Hybrid. Accidentally crossed the wires I was using to charge the HV battery and now I am stuck. I know I shorted something, but not sure what. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Old 02-05-2024, 06:03 AM
FEH owner

Originally Posted by dgeatdg
Looking for any help on figuring out what possible items I need to check with a code P0A0A-60. 2010 Escape Hybrid. Accidentally crossed the wires I was using to charge the HV battery and now I am stuck. I know I shorted something, but not sure what. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
I believe the code P0A0A-60 indicates that the interlock relay between the High Voltage (traction) battery and the power train is shut down by the PCM. I'm wondering why you were charging the HV battery. Was there already a problem? It seems unlikely to me that you would damage the HV battery itself. Usually any wires you would use to charge the HV battery will melt instantly if crossed or blow the fuse if you have one in your charging rig. The P0A0A-60 code can be set simply if the HV battery voltage drops much below 300 volts. Do you know the current voltage of the HV batter?

Old 02-05-2024, 09:39 AM
Enthusiast

I agree with all that you said. I checked the 500V fuse in the orange safety plug and it's good. Concluded that the current sensor in the service disconnect itself was fried and so it no longer is sending a voltage signal that can be read from the battery terminals. I do get a 260v reading on Forsacn. I was recharging the HVB because the car would not start after sitting for a few weeks. Ordered a new service disconnect on Ebay and will charge the battery after I get it. Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

Old 02-05-2024, 09:43 AM
Enthusiast

Quick Reply: 2010 FEH No Start - Stop Safely Now

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands