2009 FEH Battery options

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2022, 09:49 AM
Enthusiast
Default 2009 FEH Battery options

I have a 2009 FEH which currently has a battery that randomly drains overnight. It does not happen every time, it happens randomly and cannot be predicted. There are no codes showing up on forscan. The only code I see is the no communication with the APIM. So based on reading through this forum, it looks like the battery may be going weak. If that's not the case let me know.

I've also been looking around to replace the battery pack, but I plan on reconditioning them before I install the replacement pack. Through one of the battery sellers, I found out that the up-to 2008 all the packs had 50 sticks and from 2009 onwards the had 52 sticks. Is this true and would it cause any issues if I install a 2008 battery in my 2009 or I install a 2010 battery in the 2009?

Old 07-02-2022, 11:01 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2009 FEH Battery options

Please cite a resource that indicates 2009+ have 52 sticks. That's news to me.

Old 07-02-2022, 11:34 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S Keith
Please cite a resource that indicates 2009+ have 52 sticks. That's news to me.
S Keith, this is not me claiming it. A guy selling the FEH battery sticks mentioned it. I just wanted to confirm if that were true.

Last edited by ronnygracias; 07-04-2022 at 09:46 AM.
Old 07-05-2022, 08:37 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I thought people put even 07 batteries in 2009+. There was some kind of downside to it but not sure what.

Old 08-01-2022, 03:11 PM
Fordstrated

As I JUST joined this umpteenth million thread, AND am having my own issues with my escape, here's my 2 cents on your battery drain (because it's what originally was my only problem): Check your 12v accessories plug in. If the green light is on, disregard this part. If not, check loose wires. If still not on, disconnect it and worry about it later. Replace your Dc/Dc converter. It's not too hard and it doesn't have to be brand new (bought a used one on eBay for less than $50 with 1 year warranty). Once you have it replaced, replace your 12v with a brand new one *AFTER* can't stress the AFTER enough, you have switched out the converter. I did it reverse the first time and wound up with the same problem one day later. DO NOT USE THE SAME OBD-II SCAN TOOL...EVER! Again, my costly mistake might save your sanity and wallet. (My sons car magically mimicked everything my car was having a problem with I e. Hybrid system issue and it's not a hybrid, 4x4 issues and it isn't, etc.) Not saying that all of them are like that, but if our phones and computers can become infected, who's to say that those can't? Safe, not sorry. Check your owners manual and complete the relearn procedure for a battery disconnect.

Ok that's more like 50 cents worth. I hope this helps somebody. It was my answer until...wait, I just realized I was sidetracked and still need an answer for my new problem. Just know, it isn't a 12v or a converter issue. Good luck!

Old 08-07-2022, 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by Killinmyhy08esc...4x4
As I JUST joined this umpteenth million thread, AND am having my own issues with my escape, here's my 2 cents on your battery drain (because it's what originally was my only problem): Check your 12v accessories plug in. If the green light is on, disregard this part. If not, check loose wires. If still not on, disconnect it and worry about it later. Replace your Dc/Dc converter. It's not too hard and it doesn't have to be brand new (bought a used one on eBay for less than $50 with 1 year warranty). Once you have it replaced, replace your 12v with a brand new one *AFTER* can't stress the AFTER enough, you have switched out the converter. I did it reverse the first time and wound up with the same problem one day later. DO NOT USE THE SAME OBD-II SCAN TOOL...EVER! Again, my costly mistake might save your sanity and wallet. (My sons car magically mimicked everything my car was having a problem with I e. Hybrid system issue and it's not a hybrid, 4x4 issues and it isn't, etc.) Not saying that all of them are like that, but if our phones and computers can become infected, who's to say that those can't? Safe, not sorry. Check your owners manual and complete the relearn procedure for a battery disconnect.

Ok that's more like 50 cents worth. I hope this helps somebody. It was my answer until...wait, I just realized I was sidetracked and still need an answer for my new problem. Just know, it isn't a 12v or a converter issue. Good luck!
LOL at the bolded warning.

Old 08-10-2022, 05:25 PM
Fordstrated

Originally Posted by GatorJ
LOL at the bolded warning.
My ex didn't want to listen to me. I figured maybe if it was boldly stated, someone else might.

Old 08-12-2022, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Killinmyhy08esc...4x4
My ex didn't want to listen to me. I figured maybe if it was boldly stated, someone else might.
Nobody should pay attention to that, it is absurd.

Old 08-12-2022, 04:07 PM
Fordstrated

That's your opinion. And you've, obviously, come across the comparison between an opinion and a @$$ho1e, right?

As I said in my 1st reply, I have joined more than enough forums about this one vehicle and, have read through more threads than I thought possible. The commonality between them is (besides the Q&A)-this is what I did, THAT WORKED, for my Escape.

Absurd would be joining a thread and saying that someone else's post is absurd because you don't agree with the content. This is supposed to be a place for show/tell about the trials/errors of another, so we can learn what not to do and avoid costly mistakes (i.e. replacing a 12v AFTER a converter). I'm not talkin' out my "opinion" hole, when I reply. I'm offering up what I did, hoping someone else finds it useful.

That's it, I'm 😶

Last edited by Killinmyhy08esc...4x4; 08-12-2022 at 05:21 PM.
Old 08-12-2022, 09:48 PM

^^^^^^PSA: Please disregard this utter nonsense.^^^^^^

I can acknowledge your ability to post whatever opinion you wish within the rules of this board while reserving mine to point out it's utter nonsense.