2009 escape from auction

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 11:32 AM
Enthusiast
Default 2009 escape from auction

I purchased a 2009 escape from the GSA auction. Upon picking it up, the USDA stated that it has been sitting for a long time. We attempted to jump start the reg battery, but ultimately towed the escape home.
I bought a BlueDriver to run the codes and the high voltage battery seems to be my issue. Tips on what my next step would be? I've been looking at GreenTecAuto to purchase a "remanufactured" battery and think that I could install it myself (with he help of youtube).
Is there a better option?
Thanks!

Last edited by racheln; 09-11-2019 at 11:34 AM.
Old 09-11-2019, 05:36 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2009 escape from auction

Originally Posted by racheln
I purchased a 2009 escape from the GSA auction. Upon picking it up, the USDA stated that it has been sitting for a long time. We attempted to jump start the reg battery, but ultimately towed the escape home.
I bought a BlueDriver to run the codes and the high voltage battery seems to be my issue. Tips on what my next step would be? I've been looking at GreenTecAuto to purchase a "remanufactured" battery and think that I could install it myself (with he help of youtube).
Is there a better option?
Thanks!
Search my posts in the Mariner forum where I detail how to charge the HV battery.

Old 09-11-2019, 06:39 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2009 escape from auction

What codes are you getting? S. Keith has provided a proven possible solution. If you are not comfortable working with HV, some Ford dealers have access to a charger for the 2009-12 MYs and ones with experienced hybrid techs can offer a diagnostic at a reasonable price. Older hybrids esp auction vehicles are not for the faint hearted or mainstream driver. They are a special interest vehicle for a select group of automotive enthusiasts, especially those interested in high efficiency technology.